What do you want?

Old 11-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Dix

I want to stay healthy for dh, kids and grandkid. We have a great family and i can not think of anything that would make me more thankful than I am everyday. Our church, with 7,000 members and probably 3500 in 3 services every Sunday is doing something neat this year. Everyone is bringing new baby shoes for Infant Crisis Center. They will be on the big tree or the Lord's table in our Celebration center (usually known as the sanctuary) next week Can you imagine how many shoes we might have? This could be done on a much smaller scale.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:31 PM

I am SO excited allready just thinking about these cards!! is that silly? be sure to send me addy's also so that I can enjoy mailing some out too! I now have a reason to have an address book :lol:
Old 11-23-2009, 01:48 PM

First and most important this year - I want DH's leg to heal completely. 2009 has been a rough one emotionally and financially.

I think my mom finally figured it out when I told her, in response to 'what do you want..' I responded that if she gave me a $500 gift card to Barnes and Noble I'd be in heaven! LOL Well, I got the GC, but not $500 LOL
Old 11-23-2009, 02:16 PM

I wrote "SANTA" on an index card and left it near the computer. It actually begins with "Dear Santa".
"Dear Santa,
I would like a pair of pinking shears and a subscription to Creative Machine Embroidery Magazine.
Love,
Miranda
PS More embroidery designs and thread would be a bonus!"
We'll see if my DH, I mean Santa, gets the HINT! LOL! I've also added a few things to it for my new sewing room such as organizers with drawers and a large cutting mat.

The thing I need most is some maid service! There's never enough time, so time would be a good thing to ask for! :D

I'm thankful for what we do have and for the (mostly) good health of my family.

I need to find out where I can take my kids to get one of those "Angels" off the trees or a similar idea. ...Christmas isn't about recieving gifts but also GIVING and helping!
It makes my kids really happy to know they've done something nice for someone.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:44 PM

I want time. Time to relax, time to read, time to sew, time to spend with my kids, time to....

I need- nothing. I can get it myself (I sound like my 2 yr old GS, hehe).

I like to: give my time to others- volunteering, sending "stuff", making "stuff". There are so many people who need things, I wish I could do more for so many. I trying to decide where/what to do this year. I do the Realtor's Giving Tree, ring the Salvation Army bell, Toys for Tots, Feed A Friend, food pantry, but I want to do something more. But where will my $ do the best???? Thinking the Women's Homeless Shelter- Ruth's Place, it's called.

So Santa- if you're listening- can I have an hour a day extra to do "stuff"?

Old 11-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Power Poster

I want season 5, 6, and 7 of The Dukes of Hazzard. That is my main thing. Hope he can find them.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:08 PM

Just a hug and a bit of time from each of my family members....i spend to much time alone
:roll:
Old 11-24-2009, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Knot Sew
Just a hug and a bit of time from each of my family members....i spend to much time alone
:roll:
I can send a (((((HUG))))) right now. Wish I could do something about the time.

Are you in NY?

Maria
Old 11-24-2009, 05:48 AM

I met my significant other at the age of 55. Before then, I was the aunt who always remembered Christmas, the sister who remembered birthdays, and the daughter who made sure my parents had what they needed. Happy to do it but it would have been nice to be remembered ocassionally.

My turn now. I don't care how big or small, how expensive or cheap, or how needed, I WANT A PRESENT! And, I insist on getting him something despite his usual reply of "nothing." I waited tooooo long to meet someone, to not do the full-press relationship thing now!

When we exchange presents, the world will still turn, family will still be remembered, the Humane Society will still get donations, Angel Tree tickets will be filled gladly, ....

One last thing, as I sit here conversing... although not government employed, I work with the Air Force. One of the airmen just stopped by on his rounds of handing out Happy Thanksgiving cards to everyone. Totally unexpected. Totally sweet! Just in case you don't know any military, they are the best this country has to offer! I've worked with them for over thirty years and they always amaze me. God bless them all!
Old 11-24-2009, 06:43 AM

All I want for Christmas is for my Disability Claim to go thru...and for my boys to NOT buy me a present at the drug store on Christmas Eve. I would rather they saved their money, than some of the gifts I could list......( Sorry, but they don't have a clue, and won't listen when I ask for them to do a job around the house in lieu of buying whatever..)