Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
what does your DH (or SO) do that drives you crazy? >

what does your DH (or SO) do that drives you crazy?

what does your DH (or SO) do that drives you crazy?

Old 03-22-2011, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by hannajo
Originally Posted by linz83
HIS DRIVING! We've been married 10yrs and he never drives anymore, we went to Az when we were first married and he drove, on the way home we fought soo much he has never drove again!
thank goodness too, he is aweful!
thats why I love him :roll:
Mine is driving related, but a bit different. On occasion when I drive, he is the worst back seat driver I have ever met. He'll tell me, "there's a stop sign ahead." and I'll say, "What do you think I do when you're not with me, drive through all the stop signs?" Then he'll be quiet for a while, but when I stop at the next stop sign, he quietly looks to see if it's ok for me to go. And even though he controls himself enough to keep quiet, it's still just as irritating.

This winter he was even giving me instructions on how to drive in the snow. I've lived in the Northeast my whole life, I know how to drive in the snow. Basically, I refuse to drive with him in the car anymore. I could write a book of these episodes.

You're right, Linz - that's why I love him!
OH, the driving thing...that might be my biggest. My husband is a cop and drives all day long. Never mind that I have been driving since 1975!! But if he is a passenger when I am driving, he will say "man, you could have changed lanes eons ago", "do you know the speed limit here? (for too slow or too fast)" "I would have given you a ticket at that last stop sign", "don't rely on the mirrors when you change lanes, you have to look over your shoulder"....and on and on, and on. Most of the time I will make up a lame excuse why I can't drive when he wants me to, the comments make me so tense, I can't stand it!!!
Old 03-22-2011, 08:46 PM

OH, here's another one...he saves every, and I mean every box that comes into the house. (with the exception of cereal and food boxes) There is a pile of them in the garage and the basement. I try to get up early on MOnday mornings when the garbage/recyling trucks come so I can sneek in 10-15 to be recyled. I can't stand it...we will never use them in a lifetime!!
Old 03-22-2011, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by josi49
I'm not even sure I can type after reading all these (had to stop for a potty break as I was laughing so hard I almost peed on myself). My biggest pet peeve is when I say something to him and he doesn't acknowledge that he's heard me and since he is a bit hard of hearing I end up repeating myself. Then he'll say "I heard you the first time". Can anyone say "Strangle" for a cure!?!?!??!

Josi in FL
Mine will say, "oh, are you talking to me?" and I will reply "well, we don't have a dog and you are the only one in the room and I'm not on the phone, so I guess you are the object of my conversation!"
Old 03-23-2011, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by sharoney
He leaves cabinet doors open. He NEVER closes a cabinet door!
I wondering why my DH did this until we visited his parents and noticed his dad did the same thing! I just close them. It's my secret cross to bear.