Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
what does your DH (or SO) do that drives you crazy? >

what does your DH (or SO) do that drives you crazy?

what does your DH (or SO) do that drives you crazy?

Old 03-11-2011, 11:49 AM

SNORES I finally found the perfect earplugs. When he burns the papers he doesn't go around the house and empty all the wastebaskets. He will only burn what is already in the garage, that I have set out there. When I ask him why he doesn't collect it all, he tells me by the next time he burns it will be out there. (Only because I set it out there) Ugh.
I do have to add that he lets me buy new machines, fabric and whatever else I want. He even buys things at the quilt shop for me.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by grayma
Mine has to read me articles from the newspaper, even though I am looking through my section at the time. Also, he hogs the front section and by the time he's finished, I've lost interest or I already know what's in it because he has told me! This just started since I retired.
I think we married the same man, ha ha
Old 03-11-2011, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by JenBlossom
Originally Posted by PensyDutch
Mine takes crossword puzzles into the bathroom and stays in there with his pants down around his ankles until they are finished, (in ink, no less). I never have been able to understand how he can focus on them while his bare butt is hanging over water. However, I am no longer tempted to call 911 to have them check to see if he is still alive.
This is hilarious. My dad used to do the same thing, and my husband is starting to take his IPOD in there. Is that really necessary?
Conclusion: We want to get in, get out and get back to quilting!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 01:55 PM

He is getting fussy, and picks at little things. He needs more to do. I told him that and he is to young for this. he is only 63. Needs to be a walmart greeter or something.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by sharoney
He leaves cabinet doors open. He NEVER closes a cabinet door!
I agree. What's with this?
Old 03-11-2011, 02:27 PM

My husband has early alzheimer, but this still makes me crazy. He will cook soup or hot dogs in a pot and then he thinks just rinsing it out or using a sponge (no soap) is good enough. I don't say anything anymore. I know it is the disease because he used to be extremely clean. He also will eat ice cream in a bowl and rinse it and put it away. Needless to say I take dishes out of the cabinet and put them in the dishwasher just to be sure.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by grandjan
Mine has a few bad habits, as do I, but he goes along with me to quilt shows and fabric shops, patiently totes fabric to be cut, makes appropriately admiring noises about the quilts at the shows and has even learned to recognize terms like "Mctavishing." I think he's great--but then we've been a pair for about 50 years.
He sounds like a keeper!
Old 03-11-2011, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by sueven
Mine drops everything on the kitchen table. Opens his mail and leaves it and the empty envelope on the table, brings in some project he's working on guess where it is. Yep, on the table. Then gets mad when he can't find it because I moved it.
Yep, I can relate to that, mine does that too! He's afraid to throw anything away.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:52 PM
KLO

Originally Posted by sharoney
He leaves cabinet doors open. He NEVER closes a cabinet door!
Me too! Is this a man thing? Drives me crazy. I am hoping that some day he will bang his head on a door just enough to wise him up, so to speak. Of course, it will probably be my head that gets conked!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 02:56 PM
KLO

Originally Posted by Deanie
Originally Posted by grayma
Mine has to read me articles from the newspaper, even though I am looking through my section at the time. Also, he hogs the front section and by the time he's finished, I've lost interest or I already know what's in it because he has told me! This just started since I retired.
I think we married the same man, ha ha
OK, mine does this too. Must be a retirement thing or the fact that we live out in the country and he has to talk to someone sooner or later. But if that and leaving the cabinet doors open is the worse thing he does, he's staying! I've heard too many "bad" things some husbands do to dwell on the little stuff.