Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
what does your DH (or SO) do that drives you crazy? >

what does your DH (or SO) do that drives you crazy?

what does your DH (or SO) do that drives you crazy?

Old 03-11-2011, 09:32 AM

The first thing mine does when he comes back from somewhere is take his dentures out or doesn't put them in at all. Drives me crazy - and it's a very short drive.

Turns the TV up way too loud then sleeps in front of it. Since he's just gone back to work at least he isn't just sitting in front of it all day.

But, he puts up with me and I know I'm not the easiest person to live with. Patience is not one of my virtues.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:50 AM

Willing to be 10 minutes late when I am always wanting to be 10 minutes early. I learned from a smart man that there are two kind of people: time-oriented (me) and event-oriented (him). If I am at a meeting or home to leave for one or any event for that matter, I leave before the time when I need to be someplace; he will be on time ONLY if the event is at the very final conclusion or his conversatio with the person he is talking to is completely over regardless of the time or if he is late to be somewhere.

We have been married 46 years and he was at our wedding on time; I believe that was the LAST time. I can count on my fingers how many times in my lifetime I have been late.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:05 AM

My lovely husband of 47 years seems to think that dirty clothes are a interior design item, draping them on chests, chairs, etc. When I put them in the dirty clothes hamper, he either asks me to smell to see if they're too stinky to wear again or he informs me the item in question has a "few more wearings" left in it. Gotta love an ex-marine with such a hygenic bent.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:07 AM

Where to begin...

Making a "sucking" noise through his teeth when carrying on a conversation. Cracking his fingers at the dinner table. When I drive, he "navigates" by pointing directions with his finger under my nose rather than telling me where to turn. Cleaning his teeth at the dinner table by swishing water in his mouth. Leaving at 5:00 am every day to go to work so we can beat the traffic and he STILL drives like a maniac. And the snoring, OMG!!! I recorded his snoring one night and replayed it for him the next day and he wouldn't believe it was him...

All that aside, his good qualities far outweigh the bad and I'll keep him another 30 years.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:15 AM

For all his faults and little quirks, My DH is getting healthy, and I love him no matter how agravating he can be, I'm just glad he is here with me
Old 03-11-2011, 10:31 AM

He probably does a lot less than what I do to him, lol!
Old 03-11-2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by emerald46
Mine goes through a big long explanation which I perfectly understand and then says "what I am trying to tell you" and gives the Readers' Digest version of same story....aaaggghhhh!!! Then gets upset when I interupt and tell him, I understood every word you said the first time!! Other than that he is perfect!!
yeah, mine too, though I get the unabridged version several times, in a row. Yes, I heard you the first time. And the second time. And the third. Goddess help me if I get cranky by the sixth time! And, the inverse is that he does not listen, so I have to repeat myself. He also answers "I don't care" when he really does. Or he asks me a question, like do you want this? NO, I say. And he'll ask again. By now, I realize that my answer was "wrong" so if he had an opinion, state it and let's move on already! I know why--his mother (may she roast in he--) was so nasty and he and his brother and father were never right... And in most ways, he is great so I pull up my big girl panties and deal with him.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:23 AM

how about asking a question and when I reply I don't know he asks again, or says are you sure you don't know. SOmetime I say yes I know but I'm not telling you. haha
Old 03-11-2011, 11:28 AM

Mine has a multitude of annoying habits that I'm certain he didn't have when we married 11 years ago. However, when he had to be hospitalized for 6 days in January from a burst/septic appendix & home for 2 weeks recovering, I realized that I'm not quite ready to trade him in...yet :D
Old 03-11-2011, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by PensyDutch
Mine takes crossword puzzles into the bathroom and stays in there with his pants down around his ankles until they are finished, (in ink, no less). I never have been able to understand how he can focus on them while his bare butt is hanging over water. However, I am no longer tempted to call 911 to have them check to see if he is still alive.
This is hilarious. My dad used to do the same thing, and my husband is starting to take his IPOD in there. Is that really necessary?