What Era?

Old 03-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Banned

That is a hard question. maybe 1700
Old 03-10-2010, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by fabric-holic
Oh what a fun thread!
I'd love to go back to 1914 - 1940's Hollywood and be right in it some how. Maybe I'd be an extra or something. I'd love to have been around Chaplin, Fairbanks, Keaton when Hollywood was just an orange orchard and you could watch silent films being made on the streets, parks and beaches, then also know Cagney, Tracy, Gable.
When I was growing up my friends were reading romance novels.....I was reading Hollywood biographies and going to silent movies on Sundays at a local college theater.
Hmm I wonder what this says about me? Why didn't I choose to go back and hear Lincoln give the Gettysburg address? Or meet Jesus? Or cross the Atlantic with Columbus? lol (could I be shallow?? :))
You aren't shallow, that is just the time that interests you. I guess I wouldn't mind revisiting the 50's. The slower pace would be great. Going back to my senior year of high school would be ok, too. I had a ball!!
Old 03-11-2010, 02:56 AM

I would love to step into Little House on the Praire time, to 'visit' for a week or so! I've been to Cades Cove (in the Smokeys) twice, and it's not been enough! lol!!!
My DH knows I just love going in the cabins there, and just sitting, imagining the people who used to live in them....
:)
Old 03-11-2010, 05:29 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Originally Posted by MollieSue
I would love to step into Little House on the Praire time, to 'visit' for a week or so! I've been to Cades Cove (in the Smokeys) twice, and it's not been enough! lol!!!
My DH knows I just love going in the cabins there, and just sitting, imagining the people who used to live in them....
Isn't Cades Cove awesome. I have been twice as well and just LOVE it. The first time we met up with a doe and her baby just walking across our path. Then later we were able to get within 10 or so feet of a buck just sitting under a tree. It was awesome. We are in SC right now so very close to the area, so I am looking forward to going again.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:51 AM

The late 1800s America for me! I love the thought of the frontier being open and unknown, Imagine going with Louis & Clark to the Pacific,Heading to California for the gold rush , or packing up your family and making a fresh start in the west!
Old 03-11-2010, 06:29 AM

I think maybe the 40's or 50's..clothes,car hops,cars..
Old 03-12-2010, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by MollieSue
I've been to Cades Cove four times and that is not enough either! That is such a peacful place. And one sure can imagine how the people lived. First time I was there, my sister and I encountered an old bear on our hike down to Abrams Falls. Never went hiking in the woods again.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:36 PM

Either the time of Jesus or the early to middle 1700s in America with the Jonathan Edwards Revival and meet my ancestors in New England. have a whole town settled by my father's side of the family. Think it'd be fun to meet them.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by fabric-holic
Hmm I wonder what this says about me? Why didn't I choose to go back and hear Lincoln give the Gettysburg address? Or meet Jesus? Or cross the Atlantic with Columbus? lol (could I be shallow?? :))
What you enjoy and are interested in doesn't make you shallow. There is just no duty or obligation to choose a time where you can learn or see major historic events play out.

I had thought about saying I'd like to visit the time of Moses, see the plagues, see the Red Sea part, hear him when he comes down from the mountain with the Ten Commandments... but I'm sure the reality was nothing like the Cecil B. DeMille movie. I'd still be fascinated, it's still one of my Top Ten choices, but not in the top three.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:01 PM

Neat question!

Hmmmmmm...given only ONE choice, I'd want to visit 1870, Chico California era and location.
I do genealogy, and some of my biggest brick walls are there!