What Era?

Old 03-13-2010, 07:21 PM

I'll go by favorite forms of dress... lol... 1500's-1700. Colonial, Regency, Civil War, Victorian, Edwardian, 30's- the 50's.

those would be my picks!
Old 03-14-2010, 03:55 AM

The 1880-1886 period of time in the west. No wagon train for me however I want to be there at my ranchera. :) And to visit only as I too love bathrooms and warm showers. not to mention my microwave and gas stove .. and heater dont forget the heater that I dont have to run to and shove wood in hourly just not to freeze my tail off. I however adore the feminine clothing and how women were tough but feminine and me were manly men :)
Old 03-14-2010, 05:51 AM
Power Poster

I would like to visit both of my grandmothers when they were about twelve or so, and me the same.
We could hang out and be 'soulmates', like in Anne of Green Gables. I love them both dearly, although they have passed, and just know I would enjoy these visits immensely.
Good thing I would be young too...I couldnt squat now for chamber pots, etc., but what fun snuggling under all the quilts, and laughing until we fell asleep! :XD:
Old 03-14-2010, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
I would like to visit both of my grandmothers when they were about twelve or so, and me the same.:
What a great idea!
I'd love to do that too.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:10 AM

I have a few

1. Egyptian
2. During the rein of Elizabeth I
3. Early 1900
4. 1940's
Old 03-14-2010, 03:32 PM

I was just thinking about this, and another time I would like to visit is about 1870. My great-grandmother, Mary Ellen, lost her first husband to the civil war. She then married my great-grandfather. Together they raised 15 children. Hers, theirs and orphans that they took in. She raised her own sheep and carded the wool and spun it into yarn. She knitted everything her family needed. She wove her own cloth and made all of their cloths, bedding,quilts, curtains, you name it. All of this on top of everything else. She paid one woman who helped with everything. But I have to wonder when this woman got any sleep. My dad said he had never heard a cross word come out of her mouth. She was tiny and quiet and lived to be 98. I would love to sit down and talk with her and find out how she managed everything. I would love to hear about her life during the war and what her dreams were. I do know that both she and my GGF were very big on education and that they sent several of their children to universities. When I think of her, I know that my life is a breeze in comparison.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:41 PM

I think maybe 1850's I do a little volunteer work for that time period.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Banned

My screen name should say it all..........

Billy
Old 03-14-2010, 07:11 PM

Although I've already posted, I've rethought this and would like to pick a different time. I'd like to go be able to go back to 1954 when my mom and dad first got married and then they had their first child whom they lost to SIDS. I'd like to be able to go and be a friend for my mom during this time, someone to give her hope and help and some sympathy. Just someone to be there for her as her mom was not (her words, not mine) nor were her sisters as one was too young and the other she didn't get along with. From what I've gleaned, she was mostly completely alone during this time and so I'd like to be able to be her friend during this time and maybe help her heal/grieve over the loss of her firstborn child and help her through the subsequent hard times, the many moves and the other 4 children who were born between '55 and '59.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
I don't want to go back in time. I want to bring someone forward. Wouldn't it be fun to bring a housewife from the 1800's up here to see how much things have changed?
Me too. This sounds like lots of fun. I want a pioneer lady to live with me for a month!