Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
what funny or cute thing does your pet do? >

what funny or cute thing does your pet do?

what funny or cute thing does your pet do?

Old 04-29-2013, 02:39 AM

lexi is there to stay with you . cute story.karma is good.. enjoy
Old 04-29-2013, 05:29 AM

Dewey is a border collie/lab mix . (Not my avatar - that is my beloved Charlie that left me a year ago.) This guy loves to
sleep with me. The problem is he has to be snuggled as close to me as he can get so he will circle in the bed until he is almost on top of me and the plop down. He also likes to groan/sign alot. Never heard a dog do this before. Its almost like a very loud sigh us humans do. Took him to the vet to make sure it wasn't from pain and he's find. He was abused as a pup and was at the humane society for a long time. My DH thinks he just sighing from relief!
Old 04-29-2013, 07:26 AM

Mickey (a shih tzu) slept with me, but was afraid of thunder. I knew there was a thunderstorm because he'd always wake me up by sitting on my head. Good thing, too, so I could get up and close the window.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:33 AM

Went they test the weather siren on Saturdays, my dogs would start to howl. Now, instead of trying to make them be still, the DH and I encourge them. I figure if the siren goes off at night and I don't hear it, the dogs howling will wake me. So, on Saturdays..at noon, we have three dogs howling and sometimes it's so much fun the DH and I join in. LOL The city doesn't do the test on cloudy days or if the weather might be bad, so sometimes we miss "practice."
Old 04-29-2013, 08:42 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Bren,
Your story about Lexi and how she so obviously chose YOU was very sweet and made a precious start to my QB day. Thank you for posting it; not too long at all!

Jan in VA
Old 04-29-2013, 08:52 AM

latest furry rescue lovey, Beauregard, likes to sleep with his head on my feet while i sit and hand qpplique, or work w machine. difficult at times to convince hime that the foot on that metal thingy is NOT the place to rest his weary head after a prolonged discussion w mommy - moi - that he cannot use right foot on that metal thingy to hold his cow hoof as he chews vigorously!

sorry!!! pic posted not at all...then posted twice..can't figure out how to delete just one pic
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Last edited by roguequilter; 04-29-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by bea2 View Post
Does your fur baby have a funny or cute thing they like to do? Would love to see your story or picture.
Here's one of Sam getting his chest scratch. 2 or 3 times a day he'll stand up on my foot rest to get his chest rubbed with my foot. After about 15 seconds he's satisfied with the attention and gets down.
Most times he flys over for it when he sees our cat, Ralph getting in my lap. He can't stand to see one of the cats getting more attention then he does.
Of course, everyone has a fur baby who is extra intelligent, funny, and cuddly. But how many people do you know who have a pet like my Suzi (Pomeranian) who can drive a propane truck??? LOL!
Attached Thumbnails suzi-driving.jpg  
Old 04-29-2013, 09:45 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by DonnaFreak View Post
Of course, everyone has a fur baby who is extra intelligent, funny, and cuddly. But how many people do you know who have a pet like my Suzi (Pomeranian) who can drive a propane truck??? LOL!
You win!
Of course, this also begs the question, how many *people* do we know who drive a propane truck?!

Jan in VA