Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what funny or cute thing does your pet do?

what funny or cute thing does your pet do?

Does your fur baby have a funny or cute thing they like to do? Would love to see your story or picture.
    Here's one of Sam getting his chest scratch. 2 or 3 times a day he'll stand up on my foot rest to get his chest rubbed with my foot. After about 15 seconds he's satisfied with the attention and gets down.
    Most times he flys over for it when he sees our cat, Ralph getting in my lap. He can't stand to see one of the cats getting more attention then he does.
    Attached Images Attached Images

We had a pug who would put her chest next to your foot to get rubbed. She really loved my SIL because she was always wiggling her foot and Missy could sit there forever getting scratched. My avatar furbaby Cali loves to race through the house and out onto the yard to spray gravel all over. At the beach she digs massive holes.
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

I keep odd hours, to bed late (early) and up late. When I do finally get up, Tinker races up the hall to the living room and back again....several times....guess she knows she'll finally get fed!

Our Chihuahua will race you to the bathroom and flop down between your feet while you are on the "can", he wants his belly rubbed and I have to tell all visitors to make sure the door is locked so he won't bug them.

Wait for my hubby to get home to sit on his chair, yes she doesn't sit on it at all unless he is there. My cat is funny
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D, Juki MO-2000QVP

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I love how my two males, Ascot and Tiger, like to lie side-by-side, touching all the way down the length of their bodies on the front door mat, looking out at the yard. Often I look up and see one of them with their tail draped over the other. We call them the "Gemini".

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

If I'm here on the computer, and Millie (my avatar) decides its playtime, first she just stands next to me wagging her little tail and wriggling, I try to ignore her - don't want her to think she is the boss, after about 5 mins she will bounce into the other room, get a toy and literally throw it at me, she is a pretty good shot, and after several toys connecting with my head I cave in and chase her back into the other room.

We have a German shepherd we got from a rescue group. He normally doesn't get on the furniture, unless I'm taking a nap. Then he'll jump up on the bed and nap with me.

Socrates likes to bring a toy, or chewy to bed at night. When he is ready to go to bed, he walks around the room with something in his mouth, and looks at me with pleading eyes to pick him up.. He can't jump on the bed as it is beyond his comfort zone. I bought a couple of stairs but returned them, as they were too low. He uses a step stool to get down, as I don't want him jumping, and hurting himself.. He is a very thoughtful guy, as he doesn't like to wake me up to take him out. He gets off the bed, and pees on the area rug, and then jumps at the bed to pick him up. Ughhh.. In the a.m. we have a "what were you thinking" discussion.. Otherwise, he is a great guy. He is very thoughtful in a ot of ways. He leaves me presents of chewies in my shoes. He has never destroyed anything in the house for the eight years I've had him..

Blog Entries
    We have 3 Golden Retrievers, but the leader is Jonah (my avatar). They all enjoy outside time and usually go out together. After a while, I will see Jonah standing at the door waiting to come in, with Sam and Anna beside him. He will stand aside when I open the door to let them in. Then he will turn away and go back to the yard- he enjoys his solitude in the yard, just to walk around or sit under a tree. Sam and Anna have not caught on to him yet. Scamp!

When my kids were young, we had a cat that loved my older daughter. When it was bedtime, she always said "Colleen, time for bed". Colleen got up and followed her to bed--ALWAYS. It was so funny watching Colleen march behind her up the stairs.

Blog Entries
    Herman, our cat who is no longer with us, absolutely loved smelly feet and shoes. He would put his muzzle down inside shoes and fall asleep! The stinkier the better! We have one photo of him with his paw inside my dad's shoe. Dad was asleep on a patio chair with Herman asleep right at Dad's feet. We used that picture at my Dad's memorial service. When it came on the screen, everyone chuckled. What a great stress reliever! Both were characters and I miss them both.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    I have a wastebasket next to my chair...my chorkie YOYO brings her ball up in my lap and tries to get it in the basket when she hangs over the arm. then she cries til I get it out....love it!
    Retired and living in NE Michigan

I ha e two cats. Eadiewa is my back up alarm clock. The alarm sounds. I turn it off. Eadiewa comes running, jumps up on the bed and and meows REPEATEDLY! Lemmi pets me when she wants petted

Blog Entries
    Our min pin digs at my socks when I'm on the computer when he wants a back rub. He also does this when I'm sewing at the table. Some times he just wants to look at what's on the table that I'm sewing. He and our rat terrier both want to be in the bathroom with me for pets too. When I came home from shopping the min pin kept crying by the table. He though one of the sacks looked like his stuffed hedge hog. I had to move the sack and get his hedge hog for him.

Chewie, our Rat Terrier, will get in the chair and not let Timmy, the chewinie, up with him. Timmy will stand by the chair and bark till one of us makes Chewie move. Usually this happens about 3 in the morning and all the way down the hall we are saying, "Going to kill that dog." But that hasn't happened yet. LOL
    You can get older, but you never have to grow up! Tomorrow's just a future yesterday!-Greg Fergerson

It a race to see who gets to the bathroom 1st in my house. I have 4 cats and 2 of them about trip me getting there. Then I have to get them out and close the door. One of my cats like to suckle, it's annoying tho.
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

We have two doxies, and they are 6 months age difference, and different sizes also. The older one thinks all the toys are his (well actually everything in the house...just ask him) so when he gets a toy, our smaller younger one sometimes wants it, and he will keep a close watch to see if he can get it away... if not... he will take off running(just about 3 steps worth) barking to pretend someone is here, then the older one will drop the toy and go barking, then the little one turns around and grabs the toy... the older one has not caught on yet.. ha ha ha Every day at 8 pm they get a treat... and everyday the younger one will get off my lap and go lay on his pillow under the computer desk, by hubbys chair...and do small little barks to remind hubby it is treat time... he never fails... even when we lost power...we knew what time it was by him. lol
    Faye

In my house, you can walk from the LR to the DR to the kitchen and back through a short hall to the LR, making a big circle. After Max (see avatar pic) has buried a rawhide bone and left it until it is "just right," he will retrieve it and make 3 or 4 circuits at a brisk trot, holding the "treasure" in his mouth with his neck cocked up. It's like a parade, or bragging! If you call him during his rounds, he will turn his head to look at you, but he will never break stride. When he has done enough circuits, he plops down on his bed and enjoys the dirty, limp rawhide (while I get the hand vac to clean up the clumps of dirt that have fallen off!)

Max, my cat does not like to share my attention. He will stand on my chest to block my eyes when I try to watch Tv or visit with someone. Oh and when Im on the computer.
    Once he has my attention and is snuggled in my arm, he loses interest and leaves.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    We have to put our 3(Bs) on leash when they go out to the back yard. It's different. Anyway when we get ready to hook them up, the youngest and smallest (Brutus) has to make a pass through the house prior to. We live in a small 3 bedroom (all on one side of the house) with hall down the middle. Anyway he always has to make that pass before he goes out. If it's raining, he will not go out the back (he puts the skids on) so DH takes him on leash to the side. when Mike gets home from work (he packs his own lunch) they go nuts because they just know he has a "goodie" from his leftovers. They don't quiet down til he says "That's it" and closes his bucket. Anytime I go to the cabinet near the sink they think they're going to get a treat. When Bianca wants to go outside, she makes a sound like she's saying "Rattle rattle rattle" If I say you want to go outside she heads for the door. Bridget pretty much just follows suit. Not of our dogs sleep in our bed or bedroom. They have their kennels. That is also how we potty trained. Best way to do it.

Blog Entries
    My Gus runs to the bathroom whenever I am in there.
    Her brush is beside the commode and she knows she
    will get brushed.

We accomplish 2 things at once.

Bed time is also her major scratch time and if
    I do not start scratching as soon as the light
    goes out, she will gently pat my arm with her paw.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Brie our avatar- LOVES to howl and we both get her going. She will howl for a good 5-10 minutes then she comes over gives us a lick on the hand; curls up and goes to sleep making sure she can touch us both if we are both in bed at the same time(DH works nights). I guess she knows her pack has settled down and its nappy time !LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

We used to live in Wichita which is home to many aircraft companies, an air force base and has 2 airports. There were many low flying planes and our pug, Pepper, used to chase them across the yard. Must have worked, we never had one land on us.

Funny that you should ask this right now! One of our furbabies, Gracie (Cairn Terrier) really has a thing for yarn. I've spent the better part of the afternoon repairing her handiwork. Anytime she finds something lying around, she grabs it and skids to a stop in front of one of us, then waits for us to throw it. "Get it, Gracie" are her favorite words. Funny, funny babies!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast