Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What' s the funniest thing your pet does? >

What' s the funniest thing your pet does?

What' s the funniest thing your pet does?

Old 11-30-2010, 07:31 PM

Craftybear, that is a great idea, let's do pets here since there are so many pet lovers...we have tons of dogs (4 shepherds) 2 Yorkies, 1 Presa canario, and 1 Combo breed (and 1 macaw parrot) in our extended family...get togethers are fun....

One of my brothers owns the presa canario named Miny (this breed is HUGE with massive heads and wide bodies...) and the macaw parrot Oscar...since they share a home they are like 2 kids.and fight like dogs and birds do..and since Oscar talks quite a bit he is hilarious...when Miny enters his private room, he tells her to "Get out", used choice words...Miny barks and Oscar says "Shh stop that...it is quite cute...
Old 11-30-2010, 07:45 PM

We have two cats that do so many funny things it'd take me forever to list. Lately, Dasher has raided my yarn bin -- took out a white ball of yarn. Every time we leave the house or when we get up we find he's "redecorated" the house. In under the coffee table, around the couch, down the hall, up over the bed post, back down the hall, into the craft room.....you get the picture. Remember the string game "Cat in the Cradle"???? That's what our house looks like.... :)
Old 11-30-2010, 07:47 PM

My dog Cow does all sort of funny things, but the funniest thing with an animal happened to us with a Macaw at a pet store. Jorge approached him and said Hi and the bird answered back, and they kept doing it over and over for a while and Jorge stopped. I said Hi and the bird said: Hi Baby! Jorge turned to the bird and asked: Why did you call her Baby? The bird said: Bye!
Old 11-30-2010, 08:29 PM

I have a parrot who talks a lot. One day my husband said that Fletcher made him laugh when he said "Get over here you old pooper!!!!" I guess I say that to him all the time. LOL
Old 11-30-2010, 09:23 PM

When the cold weather sets in my hairless dog will go over to the wood box and try and pull a stick out and put it by the wood stove, he Barks and scratches at it until someone starts a fire for him. Once the fire is going you can hear him give a big sigh as he settles down to his special bed beside it.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:28 PM

My grandson has a blackand tan small Chichuachua and she climbs up me when I am setting down and nudges my blouse or gown with her nose until she gets inside. This is her favorite place to sleep.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Banned

I had a shepard and her name was Talon and she passed away last june. Cancer got her she was 15 years old and she was the cats meow to me. Her favortie thing to do was to turn the t.v. channel using the remote. She new how to get my attention buy doing this. Loved that dog. No more new furbabies for me
Old 11-30-2010, 09:58 PM

Don't say no more 'Furbabies" you obviously love animals they have so much to give, somewhere there is a dear pet waiting for you. When we lose a pet a part of you dies too, when you take in another pet you are not replacing your old one as they are all so different. I have had 7 Springer Spaniels, 5 of which I have had to have peacefully put to sleep over the years it breaks your heart to loose them (all lived long and happy lives). I will always take in another animal when I loose one there are so many unwanted dogs looking for loving homes such as yours, Christmas is coming, treat yourself to another "Furbaby" and send me a photo "Downunder".

Regards

Aussie Carol
Old 11-30-2010, 10:28 PM

My moms' cat would say I love you and she if she was still hungry she would grab the cat food bag and drag it out to us. Her cute trick.. we had a 2 story house with steps that went up to the top floor. One of the windows was to the right of the stairs on the second floor. the cat would jump from the rail to the window ledge that could not have been more than 1/2 inch wide she would use her back claws to stand on the side of the house and meow till we opened the window and let her in! She did this for years!
Old 11-30-2010, 11:04 PM

I had the sweetest lovebird named Loafie who bonded with me and if I was on the phone, he would nudge my chin with his head and if I didn't get off the phone quickly enough, he would nip me - not hard, just enough to let me know he meant business.

His favorite treat was to sit with us at dinner when we had corn on the cob. We would always leave a small piece for him (no seasonings of course) and he would eat until his entire face was covered with corn!

He passed away unexpectedly five years ago and I miss him so much. We have three other parrots (one is a lovebird) but none have touched me like he did.

We also have three cats and two dogs - down from our peak of 4 cats, 3 dogs and 5 birds.