Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you ALWAYS wondered about?

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    Ditter's post about "Did you ever wonder..." got me to thinking about some of the questions that have been bothering me for years. Stupid ones, actually.

I doubt that I'm the only one who carries nagging questions around with me.

What small stuff do YOU wonder about?

I'll start:

I wonder about the shoes that are along the sides of the road. Usually it's just one shoe. How do you lose ONE shoe? How could you not notice? Is somebody driving along with a foot hanging out the car window? Even in winter in NY?

There is one at the end of my cul de sac right now....I have been thinking about this all week.

Blog Entries
    Then it isn't just me with the SHOE question!

I'm afraid to think what will happen if I get to heaven and God offers to answer my questions and this is the first thing I come up with.

:|

Blog Entries
    I think they get left on the bumpers of a car LOL although, when DD was two, she liked to try and throw her's out the window so she could go barefoot :roll:
    I would like to have thrown DS's out the window right after he turned 13 :wink:

I wonder why all of the good parking spots are right below all of the birds favorite places to rest?

I wonder why, when I lose something, I search everywhere, and then find it right where I looked the first time? Does it become invisible for a short period? Does it disappear into a different dimension then come back? Do I go temporarily blind?

I wonder where all those scissors I lost and NEVER found went?

I wonder where all the socks go?

I wonder where your lap goes when you stand up...

bkb
    TIP: Leave a small amount of lint in your dryer thhat way it eats fewer soxs

I wonder a lot about exactly what my dogs are thinking, how much they understand, and what they would say if they could talk.

I wonder the same things about my cats. Maybe I don't want to know. :lol: :lol: :lol:

bkb
    I have always wondered what my dad was really like. (he died just before I was born).

I wonder why all my scissors are dull! Sorry about your Dad, bkb.

Well I can answer that question about one shoe along a freeway going North in California. we went on vacation and for whatever reason DH decided to stop the car along the road and open the trailer. I arived at my vacation destination with one sandal. :? Not a good thing. They were wonderful shoes too.

Quote Originally Posted by luckylindy333
    I wonder why all my scissors are dull! Sorry about your Dad, bkb.
    I wonder where all my scissors are. LOL

Blog Entries
    I know someone who was traveling out west with her husband and realized that her door (passenger side) wasn't closed all the way. She opened it up, and out fell one of her brand new shoes!! She yelled for her husband to stop. He did, and then rant back to get it. While running to pick it up along comes a big tractor trailer truck and ran right over it!! :lol: She made him pick it up anyway because she said she had paid a lot of money for that shoe and wasn't going to leave it on the highway!! :lol: :lol: :lol: She didn't even mind the tire treads that went across it!!! :lol: :lol: I would imagine that most people simply leave their shoe where it falls so that would explain all the orphan shoes we see. :roll:

Check inside your couch or big chair. I lost my best Singer shears in l973 while living at university. I moved many times in the next 35 years. Not long ago, the arm came loose on my old antique Cogswell rocker that my aunt had given me to use in my first apartment. I turned it upside down, removed the fabric botton and worked my hand up inside to tighten the nut back on for the loose arm. Voila!!! Missing scissors, all these years later. I have no idea why they didn't surface when the chair was moved. I guess they were tightly wedged up in the springs. They are still just like new (were only a few months old when I lost them) and cut just fine.

I always figured it was little kids throwing them out the window....Makes you wonder!! :lol:

Blog Entries
    I wonder about my grandma, as she died the day after I was born. She lived long enough to know that she had a granddaughter. She was a hand quilter and my dad still has one of her old quilts. She would be so proud of me quilting now and also with all of my flower beds.

I have some easter lillies that she planted on the farm along with another flower in my flower beds.

I sure miss my grandma!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisygirl
    I wonder where all the socks go?
    Me too! Is there a large mouse that only steals one sock of each pair?

Shoes on the side of the road don't bother me, it's How on Earth do people loose their Underwear on the side of the road. Didn't you notice you didn't put it back on,pull it up or whatever? Any it's always men's underwear. What's up with that?

Blog Entries
    I wonder what my little grandson, who is almost 19 mths old, thinks. Does his little mind say words like ours do? He only says Mommy, Dada, Papaw and Mamaw. He does have his own launguage that I ofter wonder what is saying. And does he think his mamaw is the silliest person in his world? LOL!!

Blog Entries
    I'm so glad that some of you have shared shoe stories! I figured I'd breathe a little easier until...

Suzan, did you HAVE to mention the underwear thing? Oh I really shouldn't visit this board just before bedtime! It won't be *sweet* dreams tonight, I fear...

Oh... and the missing socks issue... it's worst with little kids' socks. I always bought three identical pairs for my kids.

Check out the socks here, though:
    http://www.socklady.com
    She's onto something good, selling kids' socks in 3's and baby socks in sets of 5!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I have often wondered how do the wild animals know to fear us.

LOL.... some of these i've wondered about too

Went on a trip across the desert, wind blowing, paper flying, then we arrived with the used paper on the bumper, now that was yuk.... couldn't they have buried it. gross and funny at the same time... never would have thunk it!!

How do things you saw just the other day (or 6 mo ago) go missing, and you know you didn't use it?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast