Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What have you ALWAYS wondered about? >

What have you ALWAYS wondered about?

What have you ALWAYS wondered about?

Old 01-06-2011, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by dmackey
I wonder where the mosquitos go in the winter!
Diane

They evidently go to live in Lincoln, CA, in my sister's neighborhood. And they're pretty cranky about it too!
Old 01-07-2011, 03:18 AM

I wonder how despicable people can mistreat animals. What makes them so cruel. I've just been watching Animal Cops Detroit and they found a dog near death, starved and lying in the snow. It breaks my heart :cry: and makes me so angry :evil:

I also wonder about the universe and where it ends. And if it does, what is beyond that. How can it go on forever :?

On a lighter note, I wonder who discovered onions were good to eat :|

And why is it that every time I find something in the supermarket that I love to eat, it suddenly disappears from the shelves :hunf:

I've always been curious so I pretty much wonder about everything ;-)
Old 01-07-2011, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by dmackey
I wonder where the mosquitos go in the winter!
Diane
If they die how come they are back next season?
Old 01-09-2011, 05:23 PM

I wonder why God made me 5 foot tall and not 5 foot 5 with longer arms and legs?
Old 01-09-2011, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Grandmother23
Another thing is the thong underwear. We spent a lifetime trying to keep regular underwear out of our bottoms and now they wear them shoved up there.......another just don't get it!
Sure glad I wasn't taking a drink of tea when I read this!! :mrgreen: :XD:[/quote]

That was too funny. I am glad you didn't have a mouthfull of tea either. Would have made one heck of a mess!!
Old 01-09-2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Is a light bulb still a light bulb when it is turned off?
NOOOOOOOOOO its an OUT BULB!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I wonder how it's possible for my mother to remember EVERYONE's birthdates right down to the YEAR, and I have trouble just remembering how old I am!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
-------------------------------------------
When I went to live with my parents and many younger siblings, Mom had a hard time even remembering all our names, much less unneeded details such as birthdays. She would start with one name and go down the line..Patty, Ramona, Vivian, Judy, Richard..yes, you're Richard and you know darn well you are, so you're the one the neighbors said threw the rock that broke the window...
When my kids were little, I had 3 girls. Surely one of them would just make me so furious at something they did that they knew that they were not supposed to do and I couldn't think of their name to save my life, so I would say SYNTHYA, TINA, MISTYDAWN ...I know who you are and I know where you live so when I remember those facts....your in deep trouble!!! And it never failed...whichever kid I was talking to would start to laugh at me because I couldnt remember what their name was that it would make me laugh and I would forget that I was mad at them.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:26 PM

Ok, Here is mine....Why do they always count how many items you take into the dressing room, but don't count how many you bring out??
Old 01-09-2011, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
I wonder how it's possible for my mother to remember EVERYONE's birthdates right down to the YEAR, and I have trouble just remembering how old I am!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
When I went to live with my parents and many younger siblings, Mom had a hard time even remembering all our names, much less unneeded details such as birthdays. She would start with one name and go down the line..Patty, Ramona, Vivian, Judy, Richard..yes, you're Richard and you know darn well you are, so you're the one the neighbors said threw the rock that broke the window...
When my kids were little, I had 3 girls. Surely one of them would just make me so furious at something they did that they knew that they were not supposed to do and I couldn't think of their name to save my life, so I would say SYNTHYA, TINA, MISTYDAWN ...I know who you are and I know where you live so when I remember those facts....your in deep trouble!!! And it never failed...whichever kid I was talking to would start to laugh at me because I couldnt remember what their name was that it would make me laugh and I would forget that I was mad at them.
My 6 siblings and I keep in touch on Facebook, but we are all numbered according to birth order. I like that because I am sister#1.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
Originally Posted by Airwick156
My 6 siblings and I keep in touch on Facebook, but we are all numbered according to birth order. I like that because I am sister#1.
This made me laugh! For the longest time I thought my name was "NancyJudySue!!!" LOL The only time I really objected though, was when it became "NancyJudySchatziSue"...even the dog's name came before mine!