Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What I found about our new TV >

What I found about our new TV

What I found about our new TV

Old 05-16-2018, 05:00 PM

I just found out I can put Facebook in a "container" so it doesn't track your actions on other sites. It is an addon for Firefox.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
I keep a sticker over the camera on my laptop. And my flip phone is dumb as a box of rocks....lol It only rings or beeps and takes pictures.
I had to laugh, I keep my lap top camera covered too. And my phone is so dumb it doesn't even have a camera.

Cari
Old 05-16-2018, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
yes, but he was talking. not looking up things on his computer. One time i went shopping for a CD player to put in my van. looked in a store and left. Then I started getting ads galore for CD players in cars. just odd.
If you have a tracking app on your phone, that could be why. I have Life360 on mine, and I will get pop ups to "rate my experience" for a specific place immediately after leaving that specific store, sometimes while still in a restaurant, etc.
Old 05-17-2018, 04:52 AM

Can’t wait to get a smart tv.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:07 AM

WiFi on your phone, tracks which departments in the store you are visiting. Read this about Macy's for example. Just turn your WiFi to OFF before walking into these stores.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by 2manyhobbies View Post
Can’t wait to get a smart tv.
The prices are getting lower. Around Black Friday they really start to go on sale. We treated ourselves after selling 3 video cards on eBay after upgrading to new video cards a couple weeks ago.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by vschieve View Post
WiFi on your phone, tracks which departments in the store you are visiting. Read this about Macy's for example. Just turn your WiFi to OFF before walking into these stores.
I am so glad I don't have one of those phones. We talked about getting one for each of us, but decided to stay with one trusty flip phone.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:57 AM

Our TV is smart too. We plugged a USB cable into the TV directly from a laptop, and the TV acts as a second screen. Whatever we have visible on the lap top screen is also on the TV screen. Using WiFi, we can surf all we want from the TV, with a remote mouse, or just browse our files & pics on the hard drive. We can play music that way also.
This TV has voice recognition, just like cell phones, and listens in just like Alexa (Echo) does.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:01 AM

Red face

Thank you, Thank you! I'm sure I'll be able to find it now.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by mindless View Post
Our TV is smart too. We plugged a USB cable into the TV directly from a laptop, and the TV acts as a second screen. Whatever we have visible on the lap top screen is also on the TV screen. Using WiFi, we can surf all we want from the TV, with a remote mouse, or just browse our files & pics on the hard drive. We can play music that way also.
This TV has voice recognition, just like cell phones, and listens in just like Alexa (Echo) does.
We hooked my laptop up to the old TV and found it didn't have the oomph graphics wise to push such a large screen.