Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What kind of dog bed do your pups have? >

What kind of dog bed do your pups have?

What kind of dog bed do your pups have?

Old 02-16-2010, 08:09 AM
Banned

Just picture this......A Irish Setter, 2 Pomeranians, and a Chihuahua all in a king size bed with my wife and I.

When we are in the sunroom (where we pretty much live) they have all of the furniture they could ever want to sit/lay in. Every evening I sit in my LazyBoy and I usually have my Irish Setter between my legs and two little ones in my lap with the lap top perched on the arm of the chair. All of us are covered up in our Colts blanket!!

We pretty much let them have run of the house except the formal living room and the dinning room. Those rooms they can go into only on special occasions like Christmas and Thanksgiving.

Billy
Old 02-16-2010, 09:57 AM

I bought one of those fancy dog beds, I think milkbone. Anyway, the cat loves it, the dog prefers to drag one of my bedspreads off the bed and ""fluff"" it up. He sleeps there, at the foot of my bed, hubby won't let him on it.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:44 PM

Sorry to be late answering. My dogs have several beds from Walgreens - they generally sleep in the garage, which is very warm, until weather gets below 20 - then they come into our mud room.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Power Poster

I thought I was the only one who is well trained by her 4-legged companions. Glad to see there's a regular club out there.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:23 PM

You are so right MadQuilter! But how can we resist? They are all so darn cute! And manipulative. Did I mention that?!

I've loved seeing pictures of your "babies." I'd take one or two of each if I could.

Bones is doing better! We call him "swagger dog." He's walking! Yay! But it's just a swagger and he gets tired. Pretty good since he's supposed to be on bed rest for eight weeks. He made it two weeks! I won't let him jump or run. Not sure he could do it anyway! Sure beats making a decision of putting him down! Thanks for all your good thoughts! I know that helped!
Old 02-17-2010, 02:27 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Good to hear little Bonesie is doing well Chele! Do you have to carry him around? If so thank goodness he isn't the size of Ninnie's Mortimer! :mrgreen:
Old 02-17-2010, 08:21 PM

Oh, Bones! My two dachshunds, Sadie and Joey are very sad. They send bunches of get well wishes!
Old 02-27-2010, 04:03 PM

Our dogs have 2 dogbeds, the couch, a recliner and a bed on which to sleep. The husky just sleeps on the floor or a dog bed if one is available unless there's a thunderstorm then it's either in the master bedroom on the floor or on the bed if he can. Buddy the boxer gets one of the dog beds or rarely the floor. Maya the shepherd sleeps on furniture or on the kingsize bed with her people. She does sleep on the floor occasionally but she likes to sleep in the doorway to guard us from evil monsters, I guess. What we did to refluff the stuffing in the dogbeds was buy old pillows at a thrift shop and just use the stuffing inside the the dogbeds. If I could find memory foam, I would buy some for dogbeds b/c of the age of our dogs. I have just never seen any or not been looking for it either.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:00 AM

hmmmm....

head count

greyhound, foot of the bed

chinese crested, UNDER the doona

two cats, fighting for lap space with the computer.....

me hubby and two (of eight at home) kids squashed in the queen sized bed too
Old 02-28-2010, 05:45 PM

That pic of your pup in a hot dog bun is sooooo cute. My little friend Lucy she is so spoiled she is a shih tzu she just sleeps anywhere she wants and when I go upstairs if I don't go to bed right away and I get on the computer she'll sleep in a medium sized dog bed with her stuffed life like sized rabbit and another stuffed toy until I go to bed then she gets in bed with me but she sleeps at the end of the bed.