Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What kind of laundry soap do you use?? >

What kind of laundry soap do you use??

What kind of laundry soap do you use??

Old 10-11-2011, 04:04 PM

As soon as I get to Florida I am putting in an order for those laundry balls -comes with 2 dryer balls --no chemicals.
Friend had these yrs ago but lost address to get more.
I could hardly believe her story until last month when they were a discussion on this board .
Maybe someone else can give you the web address as I cannot get to it now. I understand your problem and the pain.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
All, free and clear, works for me.
Ditto
Old 10-11-2011, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by AngieS
First I have to say that I love the idea that your DH is the coupon KING! Mine is the SPENDING KING! I try to save while he blows it left and right but thinks it should ALL still be there when he wants to buy a big item! :oops:

We use TIDE but haven't ever had any trouble. Sorry that you all are going through this. I hope your DS feels better soon.
In the past when I used Tide it gave so much suds that I stopped using it. Did this ever happen to you?
Old 10-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Power Poster

Ecos from Costco and on occasion Tide Clean Breeze because I love the way the closet smells full of the clean clothes. We aren't allergic.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:49 PM

I actually make my own laundry soap!!!!! It's made from: FELS NAPTHA SOAP, Arm & Hammer WASHING SODA, and 20 MULE TEAM BORAX. I can get all the ingredients from our local Wal Mart. The recipe comes from a website at:

www.soapsgonebye.com

They have a recipe for powdered soap & for liquid soap. It is color- and scent-free & works great, although I find that it takes more than the tablespoon or two called for. I mostly make the liquid in the 5 gallon amount. That requires one bar of soap, & one cup each of the washing soda & borax. Wal Mart also sells the 5 gallon plastic buckets to make it in. It doesn't take very long to make, either. Trust me, if it was hard to do, I sure wouldn't be doing it!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:01 PM

I use Tide now and the one with the
eg on it because I got a new washer and it calls for that special soap. I was making my own soap and it was real easy to make and saved alot of money. I cannot use this in my new washer.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:01 PM

Try a second rinse with a good cup of vinegar. When my mom had my younger brother and sister, who were allergic to everything, did a second rinse on their clothes after the doctor mention it. He said it would remove the perfume, dyes, and chlorine. Worth a shot.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:55 AM

I use SA8 from Amway. It is biodegradable, scent free and very economical to use. Can't buy is stores, only through a dealer or online.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer
Melaleuca scent free. This stuff is so concentrated that a bottle lasts for months. I am not a dealer for Melalecca, just a well satisfied customer.
I love the Melaleuca, as well. I use the fresh scent, that is very mildly scented. My DH has psoriosis, but this one works well for all of us. We live in the country, so were on a septic tank, and Melaleuca is safe for that too. I 'm not a dealer either, just a very satisfied customer. I like every one of their products that I have tried.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:03 AM

You should try making your own laundry soap. Look it up on the web. Maybe the recipe using a bar soap he's already comfortable with.. or there's always the old 20 Mule team/ Borax, Felsnapha (sp?) and baking soda.
I make my own body soap because of eczema... a wonderful superfatted all natural bar....ahhhhh.