Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What kind of laundry soap do you use?? >

What kind of laundry soap do you use??

What kind of laundry soap do you use??

Old 10-11-2011, 05:01 AM

Use All free and clear and use white vinegar for fabric softener. 1/2 cup of vinegar in rinse water. Sorry your son is having this problem.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:03 AM

I have very severe allergies to laundry soaps and fabric softners... to the point I can not even walk down that area. My husband has to walk down there to get our soap items. I have to use everything scent free. We use no perfumes/after shaves etc in this house. My allergist many years ago said, a person can use ANY soap..BUT..if your having issues with your clothes making you itch or break out. It is for one reason only, your using to much soap and it is not all coming out. He had me bring in a clean wash cloth my next visit, and did a test.. he was right. So all our clothes get an extra rinse. Problem solved.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:07 AM

I make my own for just pennies a load , no scent unless you add it. It works better than store brands. We live on a farm and spouse and son that does his laundry drives a livestock truck (pigs) that is the real test, his clothes have never been cleaner !
Old 10-11-2011, 05:37 AM

All, Free and clear for years now.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:41 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

All free and clear is the laundry of choice in our house !
Old 10-11-2011, 05:51 AM

I am allergic to everything, my moither only ever used tide but I can't afford it anymore so we switched and found thart Purex worked real well then my darling Andrew came along with eczema we had to switch again and we now use unscented Arm and Hammer! Works great, unfortunately Walmart no longer carries it but I have fouind it at Dollar General! Also I use a product made bt eucerin I think its called Aquaphora or something close its for babies and even though my baby is 6 we still uuse it- I put it on before he goes to bed in the morning its gone!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:36 AM

I have always used Tide. Tried many others but always come back to the one that gives the best results in my water.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Annaleehunter
Originally Posted by libbiebean
Well, since I live alone, and have no problems whatsoever, I make my own. For just a few $$$ I get a 5-gallon bucket of laundry soap.
Can ya'll tell me how to make my own? It must be liquid since I have a front loader. Thanks!
I have a front loader, and make my own, but I make powdered, which can be used in a front loader. It uses three ingredients: bar soap (I use Fels Naphtha), Borax (Twenty Mule Team), and Washing Soda (Arm & Hammer - NOT baking soda!). Grate the bar soap, and use approximately twice as much of that as the other two ingredients. Example: 2 cups grated bar soap, 1 cup each borax and washing soda. Mix it up well in a container. This works very well in a front loader because it does not suds up hardly at all. Almost no smell, either. Two tablespoons will do a regular load. You may need to experiment with amounts. This is very, very cheap to make!

For softener, I use plain white vinegar for towels, and for everything else, I mix some liquid softener with vinegar and water. It doesn't take much. You can also just use vinegar in everything.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:10 AM

due to allergies I used Bold Free for years, but it started disappearing out of the stores so I switched to a brand called "Boulder Detgerent" I loved it but they must have recently changed the formula, so now I use All (non scented)
Old 10-11-2011, 08:41 AM

Tide Free,
I have allergies
and it works
me.
J J