Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What kind of sewing machine are you using? >

What kind of sewing machine are you using?

What kind of sewing machine are you using?

Old 07-01-2011, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaY
I've just been having the same exercise! Trying to decide which machine to purchase, but knew that the Pfaff IDT was a treasure, so that was my choice UNTIL I tried the Juki TL-98Q... then That was my choice... then hubby thought I should have a more all purpose machine and I graciously accepted his gift of a Juki F300. I'M SO HAPPY!!! Love it, love it, love it....

Still, in my mind the choice must be between the Pfaff and Juki machines.... I really WANTED straight 1/4" seams and now I've got them. I feel so much better now!
The Juki does not have the IDT though does it? That is the one thing that is kinda holding me back from that one. Otherwise it would be the one.

Honestly I keep hoping for a cool day to come, so I can go out and test drive the 3 that are on my list. Its 5:50 here now and I am getting ready to go to the grocery store(85 right now), to beat the heat. Sigh..112 here today. Looks like Sunday will be lower with 109 but the places I want to check out, a few are closed on Sun.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:31 PM

Some of the older machines have a larger throat.
I have a Pfaff 1222E (has IDT)with an 8" throat, Singer 15 with 7",Singer 201 about 8".
The newest machine is a Viking Sapphire 875 with a 10" throat.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:36 PM

I have a Husquvarna Sapphire and a Designer Diamond. The Sapphire is a real workhorse. It was one of the first ones put out...wouldn't trade it for the world.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:55 PM

I'm also considering the Pfaff 2.0. The dealer I spoke with is selling it for $1199, which may be a little high(?). He said he'd give me $200 to trade in my Kenmore, but I think I want to keep the Kenmore. I haven't made my decision either and will go back and test drive the machine myself before I decide. I was certainly impressed with the dealer's demonstration though. I've been reading reviews of a lot of machines and based on that alone, went to see the Pfaff 2.0 "in person". Good luck in your decision. Please let us know what you decide.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:09 PM

A friend of mine just bought a Pfaff 4.0 and loves hers. She wondered why she waited so long to buy it.