What made you happy TODAY?

Old 02-28-2010, 12:57 PM
bj

Originally Posted by DianD
I'm a firm believer in keeping a gratitude journal...just keep a cheap notebook by the bed. Every night, write down things from that day that are blessings in your life...you will start out having to think about it, but soon, you start looking for blessings and end up writing long lists! Sometimes, I finish my list, but have to turn the light back on and add to it! Guess What! You nice folks make the list every night!
I also keep a gratitude journal. I write down one thing I'm grateful for/blessed by, my prayer list, and any random act of kindness I've been able to accomplish. Yesterday I got an "insufficient postage" letter returned to my mailbox at the apt. in Austin. It wasn't mine, but the return address label was for my apt. address (I get mail for this girl a lot, even tho we've had the apt. for a year). So, I put a stamp on it and sent it on its way. Today, we met our son, dil, and grandson for lunch and had a good time.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:27 PM

I just got a call for a job interview with a fantastic company. I've been out of work since the end of October so I am very, very happy about this...wish me luck!
Old 02-28-2010, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by JoAnnGC
I just got a call for a job interview with a fantastic company. I've been out of work since the end of October so I am very, very happy about this...wish me luck!
Good luck and I am envious. Out of work since 5/22/09 and still looking.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:41 PM

Got to talk to both of my ds and both said they would be there for me during my surgery on Tuesday, getting a new shoulder joint. got to send in an order to Connecting Threads and ordered my bff Cathy her quilting birthday presents. She will be so surprised when she opens the box, thinks it's all for me, LOL! she helped me sandwich a quilt I have been trying to finish for about 4-5 yrs and cheered me on when I got it quilted. Great weekend!
Old 03-01-2010, 07:00 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

What made me happy? Singing a trio with my daughter (12) and son (15) - in three part harmony; all the lullabies I sang long ago are paying off. We get to sing the song in church next Sunday - "Siyahamba", a South African folk song, translates to "We are marching in the light of God". (There are many wonderful renditions of this song on youtube.)

Pure joy - no accompaniment is needed, we just bring our voices and SING!
Old 03-01-2010, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
What made me happy? Singing a trio with my daughter (12) and son (15) - in three part harmony; all the lullabies I sang long ago are paying off. We get to sing the song in church next Sunday - "Siyahamba", a South African folk song, translates to "We are marching in the light of God". (There are many wonderful renditions of this song on youtube.)

Pure joy - no accompaniment is needed, we just bring our voices and SING!
Wow, how awesome is that. I can't sing, but I love to hear other people sing.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:09 AM

Today is the 8th Anniversary of our first date. And since then all I can say is , "It's been one hell of a ride", I have enjoyed every moment of it.

Chase
Old 03-01-2010, 09:24 AM

I get to have my 5 year old grandson in just a few minutes!! We're gonna have fun!!
Old 03-01-2010, 10:00 PM

Watched a wonderful old Cary Grant/Doris Day movie - That Touch of Mink - and laughed a lot with DH.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:11 AM

What made me happy was 1) we got our taxes filed (monkey off the back)
2) got offered and accepted a real job. It's part time but some money id better than no money.