what is the point???!!!!!

Old 01-15-2011, 07:24 AM

Could someone please tell me what is the point with the following TV "reality" shows?
Kendra
Bad Girls Club
Kardashians
Real Housewives of anywhere
Jersey Shore

OK, I get the reality shows like Ax Men, etc, people working, or Little People, etc, people with an unusual life situation.

But as far as I can see, NOTHING happens on these other ones. Any time I have tuned in (and it is not for long) people are just sitting around talking (at best) and hollering (at worst).

Are we supposed to be fascinated because they are "famous"?
I must be getting old, I don't even know why these people are famous or who they are.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:29 AM
Power Poster

I do not wish to insult anyone but what amazes me is there is a market for these kind of programing. I like "channel" Quilting Board the best:)
Old 01-15-2011, 07:42 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I find them foolish and only for ppl that have nothing better to do. Not to sound mean but I think those shows are just plain stupid.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:43 AM

I have enough drama in my own life that I don't need to hear made up stuff. And if I don't have anything going on, I can come here and try to cheer up someone real who is having real problems or frustrations.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:44 AM

I very rarely watch TV, as far as I'm concerned there's nothing worth watching, in my opinion.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:45 AM

Maybe it is to show us how the other "half" lives?? No offense intended but I don't care how they live. Wouldn't it be nice to have shows like Walton Mountain, Little House on the Prairie, Leave it to Beaver, etc...shows that were family friendly and left us with positive images..morals? Maybe I am showing my age but I think maybe it could make a big difference in the world if we took some of the violence off the screen. Ok..will step down from my box. Lol !!
Old 01-15-2011, 07:50 AM

I don't wish to insult anyone either, however, of the people I DO know that watch these shows, I hear the same line...........1) I don't quilt/do crafts because I don't have time and 2) I'm single because there are no good men/women out there. Well, if you sit in front of the tv and watch those shows all the time, then you won't get anything accomplished and you won't meet REAL people. :) I also think they give a skewed view of REAL people.....the majority are not like those.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:58 AM

I can proudly say, I've never watched a Survivor show!!!! I think the reality shows appeal to a younger group of people?!?! I think we all have enough going on in our own lives and certainly don't want someone else's in my head. :lol:
Old 01-15-2011, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I find them foolish and only for ppl that have nothing better to do. Not to sound mean but I think those shows are just plain stupid.
Ditto!!!!
Old 01-15-2011, 08:02 AM
Power Poster

I hate all the hitting and bad mouths they have on these shows. Then reporters wonder why a student hit a teacher, or someone fights with another person. If young adults watch these shows they think its ok to hit and yell.
Stupid, Stupid, Stupid