What a start to my day

Old 11-06-2010, 11:28 AM

Oh! I hate to get stung. It hurts so bad. And those yellow jackets are everywhere right now.
I did not know that hornets also bit! Still not too old to learn something new so that's a good thing. Right?
Old 11-06-2010, 11:35 AM

Too all of you exposed to bees and stings. Get some Bag Balm. It draws the toxin out almost instantly. Just plop a dob on there and it pulls the pain right out. If you are alergic, this is a remarkable help
Old 11-06-2010, 11:42 AM

I hate getting stung, but you know what, I heard about something to try on a sting, & I have done it twice now, & believe it or not,it really works!

Very simple, just keep a penny or two handy. The copper is the trick, takes the sting out very quickly! When stung, just grab a penny & hold it or tape it right on top of the sting! In no time at all the pain completely stops! I got stung by a wasp once, evidently it was on the inside handle, in the house, of the sliding glass door. I had unlocked it & grabbed it to open it & wam, I got stung! The other time, I was removing the bag off our recyling waste basket we keep out on our deck. All of a sudden two beautiful golden yellow jackets came up from the other side & headed right at me. Well, didn't want them in the house so swatted at them, hoping to shoo them away & one stung me, ouch, hurt really bad! But both times, I used the penny, taping it on, & it honestly worked! No swelling, no pain, & back to normal in a very short time! So remember this, & try it next time, & spread the word, cause it does work!...
Old 11-06-2010, 06:14 PM

OK, copper pennies and Bag Balm to add to the emergency kit...Do I feel like an old granny or what?
Old 11-06-2010, 07:52 PM

You must be sweet. Had to throw that one in.LOL You are so right about the sting hurting terribly! All of a sudden now that Summer is behind us, we are seeing more bees also. They swarmed my hummingbird feeder.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:14 PM

I was swarmed at about age 6 and stung at least 50 times(per my grandmother who counted). Normally that many stings can kill a child even though I'm not allergic. We were in a remote cabin in N.H. at the time and I was unlucky enough to be banging a tree with a stick. The tree just so happened to have a hive in it.

Of course they didn't take me to the hospital as I guess I didn't have any breathing problems. I don't remember this at all, which is probably a very good thing!
Old 11-07-2010, 06:29 AM

Virginia!

Not an OLD granny, just a SMART one! I think either one or both, are worth a try. Just see what works for any of us!
Old 11-07-2010, 06:44 AM

I stay away from bees wasps yellowjackets I will swell untill my skin breaks open and it will get infected with in 12 hours so I run