what wou do?

Old 03-06-2011, 11:07 PM

I think that I might send both the dealer and the company a record of the mileage you driven and tell them that you expect to be reimbursed for the cost of the fuel, oil and wear and tear on your car (to the extent that the IRS allows for reimbursement for job travel) and for any time you have been required to take off work to return it. Make it up like a bill, nicely itemized and send it. While you may not get actual $$s, you may get a gift card for some special feet or fabric. It's worth a try.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by jmabby
Hi,
The last week of Nov I bought a floor model sewing machine, they claimed it had less than 30 hours on it. Well, I got it home and couldn't get the bottom stitches to sew right, took it back after the holidays, left it with the dealer. A week later I got it back and found out the timing was bad from the factory, got it fixed -- I have a 2 year warranty on the labor. The machine started acting up again, sometime stopping completely, and at times felt sluggish. I wanted to take it back, but with the bad weather the roads were too bad, (I brought it from a shop 100 miles from my home) finally, the last week in Feb I took it to the shop, it still isn't fixed, they send it back to the factory. I told the owner I would like a new machine, but he said until there is a track record of the machine not working they don't do that. I paid with a check and now don't know what to do. Any suggestions?? They did give me a machine to use while mine is being fixed.
i feel your pain. i bought a pricey new machine a few years back aand nothing but problems form the get go....went to the shop more that i had it and gone for a wk or 2 at a time.kept rocords of all repairs and problems thank goodness i bought the warrenty for it. but anyway after many repairs i contacted the company directly....finally got a NEW machine. don't give up go directly to the manufactor not the shop you bought it in. good luck
Old 03-07-2011, 04:48 PM

"a track record" on a machine with less than 30 hours? Give me a break! It's a lemon, I'd follow everyone's advice - send a letter, call the BBB, etc. You are entitled to a new machine. I'm REALLY surprised the manufacturer hasn't just gone ahead and sent you one anyway.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by lalaland
"a track record" on a machine with less than 30 hours? Give me a break! It's a lemon, I'd follow everyone's advice - send a letter, call the BBB, etc. You are entitled to a new machine. I'm REALLY surprised the manufacturer hasn't just gone ahead and sent you one anyway.
you need more than the 888 # u need to speak to someone in charge. i was put in direct contact with the area rep. and that's where i got the next up persons #. go to the store where you bought it or any store that sells that brand and find the # to the rep or to the company directly not the 888 #
Old 03-08-2011, 10:42 AM

Well, since I'm a nice guy I always give everyone a chance to prove they are nice. I was looking at the data I had logged so far and will send everything to the dealer, give him until Friday to provide a new machine or I will go to BBB and attorney generals office. I hate this.

I paid in full for the machine 16 weeks ago, 6 of those weeks he has had it in for repair, and during the holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years) I wasn't using it. Nice, huh?

Thanks for your support, I may need more!!
Old 03-08-2011, 02:36 PM

Thank you all for your help and suggestions. I emailed the owner of the shop about 2 hours ago stating all the problems. I was real nice and said I really liked the staff, at first. Then I said I would give them one week to give me a new machine or another one I was considering, if I didn't hear from them within that week I would notify the CEO, BBB, Attorney General, the media, and maybe even Judge Judy. I got a call within two hours saying I would get a new machine. Thanks all, your support really is appreciated.
jmabby
Old 03-08-2011, 02:45 PM

GREAT NEWS!
Old 03-08-2011, 02:51 PM

great...good for you!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:15 PM

Great! Enjoy that new machine when you get it. I hope that they throw in a couple "goodies" as well, for all of your trouble.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:48 AM

did u get the same machine or a different model ?