What would you do???

Old 04-26-2011, 05:51 AM

First of all; I pay off my sisters bills and move her out of the mountains to the beach where she'd love to be if she could afford it. She tries so hard. Then I'd pay off 2 of my 5 kids bills because they try really hard in life to make it on thier own so they would deserve it; I love my other 3, they make good money but party it away. I then make sure my bills were paid off and buy a brownstone in a neighborhood that I like and sign my all most paid for house over to my daughter. I believe in helping people who at least try to make it. I see so many struggling (including myself) and the ones who don't even try upsets me because a lot times those are the ones who could succeed if they put in just a little effort. OK; I know a different subject so I'm done venting.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:01 AM

I have a large extended family. My husband has 13 brothers and sisters and at last count 47 nieces and nephews and 48 greats. So I would love to set up a private school fund for the kids and then a college fund too. Of course I would also get my bills paid off. And our children's too. I would also get a big farm and get a whole body make over.... and ...and can you tell I have thought of this a lot.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:02 AM

Maybe it is the weather but my fist thought was basking in the sun on a beach! :mrgreen:
Old 04-26-2011, 06:13 AM

I would buy a house in hills of Tenn or West Virginia somewhere beautiful secluded with a workshop for my dh and I would paint and sew and raise puppers and kittens maybe a goat or two
Old 04-26-2011, 06:28 AM

Give a bunch of it away - 10% to church, 5% each to college scholarships,shelter for homeless people, ASPCA, Children's Miracle Network, Local Food Bank, an agency that provides rides for cancer pts (to get chemo), community foundations to make gardens for those who do not have their own space, business start-ups for women. With anything that is left over, pay all my relatives" bills off, build a new house (with a HUGE quilting studio), buy timeshares and a small plane for my family to take free vacations. All this is after I win the lottery, of course.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:33 AM
Banned

Animal sanctuary,build a log house with a great sewing studio,a gourmet kitchen,and random acts of kindness along the way.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
I'm ashamed (but big enough) to admit I am no-where near as philanthropic as most of you.

I would build my dream house on as many country acres I could buy and it would include a kennel, stable and greenhouse.

And after I was comfortably settled in, THEN I would start giving lots of money away.
Oh thank goodness!!!! I was feeling really bad about myself, because I wanted to do some stuff for me first!! I'm glad someone else admits it too.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:38 AM

First retire.

Then I would help with research for brain injuries. We know so little about the human brain. My daughter died from a TBI and I would dedicate my work to her.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Carron
If you could do anything you wanted and money was no object what is it you would like to do?

I would take in and care for the unwanted, abandoned, neglected & abused fur babies.
I would -----------Children!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:17 AM

I am humbled by all of you...so many great causes. What a caring bunch of people on this board! I am sitting here wondering whether to give a little money to a lot of causes, or to give a huge amount to one cause so it would be very effective. I watched the Extreme Makeover tv show on Sunday night and realized that so many good people are out there helping others with only a small amount of money but much time and love.