What would you do????

Old 06-02-2011, 06:10 PM

I just read a story about a house infested with SNAKES.. yes snakes!!!!!!! If I saw one in my house..I would freak...but thousands of them....... I would need a heart transplant.. by the time I settled down. Just the thought.... ewwwwwwwwwww

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs2g2...eature=related
Old 06-02-2011, 06:25 PM

Should I be renting that house, I'd be out of there as soon as I could, dragging a pair of cats on a leash and carrying a sewing machine in one hand.
If I owned it, I'd remember my Grandma's hillbilly answer to an invasion of snakes, I'd rent out my yard with fence to someone with a few pigs. They love snakes, and very shortly would make the place unpopular for the slithery, unwelcome guests. And I've heard from others that cats will kill a lot of them, though I'll admit that I've never seen that before.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:51 PM

Ewww, hate snakes. Can't tell good from bad so consider them all bad.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:53 PM

Hate snakes. And yes cats will hunt and kill snakes. However that house had major infestation. Poor people had just bought it in January I believe it said. Hope they find way to get rid of the snakes.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Should I be renting that house, I'd be out of there as soon as I could, dragging a pair of cats on a leash and carrying a sewing machine in one hand.
If I owned it, I'd remember my Grandma's hillbilly answer to an invasion of snakes, I'd rent out my yard with fence to someone with a few pigs. They love snakes, and very shortly would make the place unpopular for the slithery, unwelcome guests. And I've heard from others that cats will kill a lot of them, though I'll admit that I've never seen that before.
Sorry disappointint you but pigs don't get rid of snakes. When we had pigs I had to deal with a copperhead or two almost every week all summer long. Since the pigs are gone I rarely see a snake, and when I do it is usually something non-venomous like a black snake
Old 06-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Power Poster

I had a cat in Oklahoma that would kill snakes and put their bodies by the front door so we could see what a good hunter she was!
Old 06-02-2011, 07:40 PM

depends on what kind of snakes, but DH hates any kind, so we'd probably be calling someone... personally they don't bother me, but in great quantity, I don't think anything in your house is good.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:58 PM

Anybody know where to borrow a mongoose?
Old 06-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I would leave and never go back. I don't mind running across a snack everyonce in a while but an infestation in my home. No thank you!
Old 06-02-2011, 08:20 PM

My cats kill snakes, they like to leave them by the door to show off, admitting of course that these snakes that the like to find are no bigger than a #2 pencil if not skinnier.