what would you do?????

Old 01-19-2011, 08:14 AM

See? You did absolutely the right thing! I would have done the same. Getting the right kind of help in the quickest way is the smartest thing to do.:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Originally Posted by turtlerouge
Thank you for answering! When I went back and waited, a state trooper stopped and he told the woman was safe and she was picked up by a passerby to take her to call for a tow truck.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:32 AM

You did the right thing. A woman alone at night is a prime target for assault. You had no way of knowing what the circumstances were. By getting to where you had cell phone coverage and calling 911 you did the smartest thing. Help was dispatched and people who were trained to help could respond.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:05 AM

If it were where I live now, I'd stop -- we're in a safe area as far as crooks go. The roads are icy a good portion of the year and it's not uncommon to have accidents around here. Would I do it in the town where I used to live --- not on your life. :) you did right.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:19 AM

I would have stopped - I'll help anyone and if it puts me at risk, well, then it does. I had my car break down on the way home from work and the weather developed very quickly into a blizzard on my drive (in the evening). I was wearing a dress and nylons. I walked on a highway for miles toward a light(farmhouse). When I got there, I couldn't even speak - thankfully they knew me and were able to phone someone to come get me. Several cars drove by me - saw my car with the emergency lights flashing, saw me (female) walking along the highway - yet NOBODY stopped.

I recently gave an intoxicated man a ride - it was hovering around zero degrees. He could have had a weapon, I guess. I will always help people and refuse to live my life being afraid and I will always try to help.

Everyone has a right to make their own decisions - probably no right or wrong decision - but this is what I do.

Hope I don't sound like I'm preaching - I'm just passionate about helping.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:56 AM

Absolutely the right thing. Safety first, and you called it in.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:04 PM

You did the right thing. I think mabey20 years ago you wouldn’t’ think twice about helping but now days there are so many con artist that you don’t know if it was a staged act or not. You’re first priority is you and your loved ones. It’s a sad sad world we have now but don’t feel guilty for anything. You did what you had to do for your own safety. It’s not as though you ignored the whole situation and let it be someone else’s problem. YOU CALLED 911 The circumstances out weighed the situation that the accident put you in. God Bless You
Old 01-19-2011, 01:25 PM

best thing is what you did. You stayed safe and helped out with your call.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:41 PM

You absolutely did the right thing! You got help to them as soon as you could and kept yourself safe!
Old 01-19-2011, 04:44 PM

You know another way of looking at this - what if you had stopped and the person had needed medical attention you were not equipped to provide and the time you wasted stopping would have made a difference to their survival?
Old 01-19-2011, 04:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by IrishNY
You know another way of looking at this - what if you had stopped and the person had needed medical attention you were not equipped to provide and the time you wasted stopping would have made a difference to their survival?
I agree....you did the most sensible thing in view of the time/your circumstance (being alone).