Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What is wrong with people?! >

What is wrong with people?!

What is wrong with people?!

Old 08-09-2010, 06:18 AM

I sometimes believe that the world has gone crazy. Theft increases with the down turn in economy. Things like this create such a hassle. Lucky they did not get your car.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:22 AM
Banned

Hey at least your city isnt listed as one of the top 10 worst cities to live in in the USA. Mine was and folks wonder why I am high tailing it out of here!!

It stated that 1 out of 10 folks will or have been a victim of a crime. And you wonder why I have a gun permit and never leave the house with out it on my hip.....

Billy
Old 08-09-2010, 07:45 AM

hope this didn't happen in Florida
ceegee :(
Old 08-09-2010, 08:14 AM

I drive and old 1996 White Jeep Cherokee. It has been broken into 3 times. I have a top of the line stereo 489.00 my wi-fi for my computer and my cell phone and woman stuff in the center arm. First time they took my Leathermen Multi Knife, 2nd time my Swiss army knife the big one with the little tools that I bought to replace the Leathermen, 3rd time nothing and I had left my cell phone in that day. Go figure. Everything of real $ value they left so the police figure it had to be the same kids that did it the first time. Oh and the knives were hidden down in the hole next to the center arm. I now have my Leatherman in a quilted case with a mirror and lipstick on top. Lets see how long it lasts.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:21 AM

My daughter took a new friend to a resturant /bar that she goes to all the time. Small town by the airport in Atlanta. She has parked in the same place hundreds of times in the last 7 years and no problem They took the manhole cover put it through his drivers side window and took his GPS . Land Rover expensive window. But at least my daughter knows the junk yards around here and they found one pretty cheap 120 for the window and another part they needed for it. And she helped him put it in. Its all over , Even I am locking my car at night now since we had someone spend the night in the car.They must have been really quiet because my two alarms didn't go off and they go off it someone walks down the street.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BKrenning
I want to rig up some kind of electric shock to my car when I have to go into St. Louis County but hubby won't let me. Not enough to really hurt anyone but enough to make them go away! I would be happy to put a sticker on the car announcing my anti-theft device but hubby is sure an illiterate or blind crack-head with an ambulance chasing lawyer would be the one that gets shocked & we'd be in trouble for not making the sign audible and/or in Braille.
Stupid law protects the criminal more then the victim. Stupid bleeding hearts on juries side with the criminal in 99% of cases where the criminal gets injured by a victim. Petty criminals are not scared of the law, they have no reason to be. Too many head patting do gooders are on their side to 'help' them because they only made a mistake after all.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by granniebj
I parked my car at the mall for twenty mins and someone tried to steal it! They ripped out my ignition! Now its in the shop and I have a rental! It was a circus dealing with mall security, police and insurance for 3 hours in the sun! Yesterday was not my day!
OMG! I'm so sorry.

I have a tip for all....when locking your door and walking away, lock it from inside, not the remote. There have been people watching and somehow getting your "code" and breaking into cars. It happend to a lady in my guild.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
My car is a 50's custom and the door handles and locks are shaved off and the doors are smooth where they were. I cant lock the car but no on knows how to get in there with the missing handles.

It takes a key less entry remote to open the doors and trunk but my fuel pump and my ignition is wired to a relay that if you do not use the remote to get in the car it will not start.

But knock on wood I have never had anyone try to break into it, and I am so sorry to hear that it happened to you.

Billy

Could you show us a pic, sounds like one cool ride to me!!
Old 08-09-2010, 03:32 PM

People say someone is "crazy" when they hear things that go in this world - I'm convinved it's just plain evil :evil:
Old 08-09-2010, 04:53 PM

So sorry! Don't know what possesses a person to want what I have! I drive a 13 year old van that has peeling paint. And my electric system is goofy. My panic alarm goes off when ever it pleases, and no one pays any attention to it. The keyless remote thingy works sporadically, andsometimes sets the alram off. But the dealer insists there is nothing wrong with it!