Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: What are you having for Christmas dinner?

Christmas Eve, we will be having Boneless Pork Loin Roast, onions, carrots and potatoes with yummy gravy, side salad, dinner rolls and dessert.
    Christmas Day, we will be having Swedish Meatballs, broccoli, potatoes with a different yummy gravy, side salad, dinner rolls and dessert. Can you see that we really like gravy
    This is a photo of the cookies the girls and I baked on Saturday, most of them have been delivered to friends and family

Judy in Phx, AZ

Opps - sorry unable to add photo
    Last edited by judy363905; 12-23-2014 at 08:54 PM. Reason: no photo

Blog Entries
    Our Christmas Day will start with an breakfast casserole with biscuits as we open gifts.

Then our daughters will go to their other side for lunch and I'll fix a brisket with green rice for us, as well as, beer dip, cream cheese dip, Mexican caviar, and black olive dip to snack on.

Then at 5:00 PM, everyone comes back and my siblings will join us for an Italian Christmas Dinner of stuffed shells, sauce, meatballs, Italian sausage, and Italian bread; with leftover brisket, pies, etc.

On Sunday, the 21st, we hosted Christmas dinner for my husband's side and we had lasagna, pasta, meatballs, etc.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

We gather on Christmas Eve for our "Cajun Christmas" (gift swap/stealing, etc.) then have a potluck meal. Always buffet style. This year, our church published a new cookbook so we have decided to bring items prepared from the recipes in the cookbook. Not sure what everyone else is bringing , but my choice was sausage bread and a favorite for the kids, peanut butter balls. Then Christmas night we'll again be gathering at the home of one of the grand daughters. This will be a meal of baked ham, rice dressing, asparagus, praline yam casserole, and whatever anyone chooses to bring. I plan on bringing jambalaya and red velvet cupcakes.
    Last edited by GailG; 12-24-2014 at 03:00 AM.
    One step at a time, always forward.

Quote Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
    Finally-someone who can answer this question. What is Yorkshire pudding?
    doggramma described Yorkshire pudding - thanks! The popovers are light, airy, with a crispy flaky outside that stand 5 inches tall if you use a muffin tin that is designed for popovers. They are yummy.

Leftovers from dinner tonight (American chop suey).
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by kathdavis View Post
    Our Christmas Day will start with an breakfast casserole with biscuits as we open gifts.

Then our daughters will go to their other side for lunch and I'll fix a brisket with green rice for us, as well as, beer dip, cream cheese dip, Mexican caviar, and black olive dip to snack on.

Then at 5:00 PM, everyone comes back and my siblings will join us for an Italian Christmas Dinner of stuffed shells, sauce, meatballs, Italian sausage, and Italian bread; with leftover brisket, pies, etc.

On Sunday, the 21st, we hosted Christmas dinner for my husband's side and we had lasagna, pasta, meatballs, etc.
    Sounds yummy. I know how to make Mexican Caviar, but not Beer Dip.

Judy in Phx, AZ

These Christmas dinners sound delicious but very different from ours. We had turkey stuffed with dressing, cooked cranberries, gravy, mashed whipped potatoes, rhutebbaga (yellow fleshed turnip) peas, carrots, cabbage salad, pickled beets, home made chutney relish and grandma's tea biscuits. For dessert we had steamed carrot/potato suet pudding with a thick carmel sauce, assorted squares and cookies, Christmas fruitcake and some chocolates and nuts.
    Shelbie from the High County in Southern Ontario

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by svenskaflicka1 View Post
    scandinavian traditions, at our house: lutefisk, lefse, swedish sausage, meatballs, ham (for the cowards), fresh baked rolls, potatoes with white sauce, and the southern sweden tradition of a blistering hot mustard to serve with the fish. there will be herring, pickled beets, cheeses, crackers, cranberries or lingonberries, and a big pot of rice pudding. a little eggnog on the side, and cookies and breads for dessert. smorgasbord!
    Lutefisk is something that I tried 37 years ago for the first time for Christmas dinner. I DID not like it. (my ex sister in law is scandanavian also). My precious brother in law at the time...LOADED his plate up with ONLY the lutefisk...I gagged just watching him eat it. And then the following 10 years...we went to their house again and once again Lutefisk was on the menu and I tried it every single year and NOPE...still didnt like it. I think its an acquired taste. I wonder if it was the way she prepared it. But, I am not willing to try it again.
    There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right. Think good thoughts for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING...

Our youngest daughter was having it, but got sick the day before, so it was moved to the next daughter, and every body brought what they could. We had more than we needed, and it was so much fun! We supplied smoked turkey and butterfinger torte, and every one brought what they would have brought to the other daughters house!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3