Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What are your favorite Halloween movies?

What are your favorite Halloween movies?

For the fun I love Hocus Pocus and Beetlejuice
    For the scariest, not blood or gore, I choose The Skeleton Key and The Others.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    I like Dark Shadows, The Nightmare before Christmas, Beetlejuice. For scary I like the first Blair Witch movie, the second one was stupid. This year I saw It Follows, very, very creepy. Also like The Shining!
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale

Hocus Pocus and Beetlejuice are by far my favorites. Don't like really scarry - like those full of killings - never did and never will. I never tire of Hocus Pocus, those ladies are the funniest.

I never liked scary movies....the original psycho movie.....I never saw the actual end...sat with my eyes shut!!!!!!
    Don't like sci-fi either, and all these animated cartoon-like things are juvenile....

I like lighter and less gory movies such as Disney movies on Halloweentown.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

THis is an older B&W movie called "The Uninvited" with Ray Milland. Spooky at best. Then of course "House on Haunted Hill" with Vincent Price........not the remake one.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

The Nightmare Before Christmas, absolutely #1. Runner-up, Beetlejuice. I love a good scare and would give top honors to Psycho.

I'm not into scary movies either, but I do like vampires. I's say "Van Helsing" and "Interview with the Vampire". Not specific Halloween movies, but appropriate to watch on Halloween :-)

Blog Entries
    The Nightmare Before Christmas and Hocus Pocus are all time favorites. My son loved Worst Witch when he was small. What was the name of the one in B&W, it was done with marionettes, early 60's with Phyllis DIller and an all star cast. Boris Karloff was in it too. That was a cute one they went to a haunted island to see Dr. Frankenstein for a big Halloween party. Really cute.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I would have to say Beetlejuice and Hocus pocus. I absolutely hate gore. Not into horror movies like Chainsaw Massacre type.

Psycho movie never scared me even when I watched it for the first time as a young teen. The Birds didn't scare me either. Most of the movies that scared my friends, didn't bother me at all. I had to pretend to be scared! The old classic The Fly really creeped me out, I couldn't watch it again for years. I will admit Jaws came close to keeping me out of the ocean for a long time. LOL. I'm more of a Twilight Zone type of scare person.
    Last edited by Onebyone; 10-29-2015 at 10:03 AM.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Blog Entries
    I think one of the scariest movies I've ever watched was "War of The Worlds", the original one.

I am not good at scary movies. Never have been. My fav is Charlie Brown's the great pumpkin

Love the older horror shows from Hitchcock but not the really bloody gory ones, I like to be surprised not nauseated. I did just re-watch Hocus Pocus and some of the older Dracula and The Mummy (newer ones) Gives me something to do while I try to walk on the treadmill.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    I like lighter and less gory movies such as Disney movies on Halloweentown.
    I have watched these quite a few times this month-as well as Twitches. I do not like the gory screamer movies. Give me Disney

Hocus Pocus is a fun Halloween movie, but my favorite is Frankenweenie.
    Lori

Blog Entries
    Mad Monster Party with Phyllis Diller and Boris Karloff. they were marionettes, and they all went to an island for a party. it was an all star cast in 1967, really cute for it's time. I knew i'd remember it(see post 9).

I hate gore, and blood, and I hate having nightmares and sleeping with the light on on my back so no one, boogie man, can get me.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Hocus Pocus for sure. I watch it every year. Oh and I can't forget The Great Pumpkin with Charlie Brown.

My daughters found a cute movie - Monster Squad - it is cute but not scary. I enjoy watching the original "Dracula", "Frankenstein", "Wolfman". The ones made in the 30's maybe the 40's, not sure. I don't like the really scary things they make now. But I really did enjoy "Hotel Transylvania" and "Hotel Transylvania 2". I like to laugh when I watch movies.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
    My daughters found a cute movie - Monster Squad - it is cute but not scary. I enjoy watching the original "Dracula", "Frankenstein", "Wolfman". The ones made in the 30's maybe the 40's, not sure. I don't like the really scary things they make now. But I really did enjoy "Hotel Transylvania" and "Hotel Transylvania 2". I like to laugh when I watch movies.
    I'm with you, I love these older movies and I love that they are B&W, reminds me of my childhood. As a child I was scared, now I find them entertaining and truly enjoy them.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

The Sorcerer's Apprentice and Night on Bald Mountain from the original Fantasia.