Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What is your favorite sandwich? >

What is your favorite sandwich?

What is your favorite sandwich?

Old 02-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by maple-norma
It would have to be cold roast lamb and tomato on grain bread with butter. Next would be a chicken and salad with onion and mayo.
While I am talking about food would you like to let me know how you make Iced Tea, It isnt popular in Australia, you can buy it in bottles,but I would love to make some. I have tried to just let tea go cold but it doesnt seem right. By the way you are all so nice and helpful I can't wait to read this forum each day cheers to you all.
I buy Nestea instant (it's a black orange pekoe I believe)and you just add how ever much you like to cold water with ice. It tastes differant from hot tea gone cold. You can also use tea bags in a large jar of water set in the sun and the sun will make it suntea. Just add ice for iced tea. Very popular here.

There are all sorts of flavored teas and herbal teas here a lot of them instant or tea bags. And fruit flavored teas. My mom likes a diet rasberry pekoe that she gets instant.

We always drank iced tea instead of pop when I was growing up. Soda wasn't very much a part of people"s lives back then,. It was water koolaid or iced tea for kids and coffee or iced tea for adults.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:29 PM

I love the turkey reubens from Arby's! I'm a big fan of sauterkraut, but I don't like the traditional corned beef. Arby's makes their with marble rye bread, it's really good!
Old 02-23-2011, 02:30 PM

Oh yeah, I love peanut butter and dill pickles too, but I make mine on light seeded rye bread.
Originally Posted by caspoohbear
peanut butter (crunchy) and pickle slices (dill) on toast (white).
Old 02-23-2011, 02:34 PM

It would have to be cold roast lamb and tomato on grain bread with butter. Next would be a chicken and salad with onion and mayo.
While I am talking about food would you like to let me know how you make Iced Tea, It isnt popular in Australia, you can buy it in bottles,but I would love to make some. I have tried to just let tea go cold but it doesnt seem right. By the way you are all so nice and helpful I can't wait to read this forum each day cheers to you all.
I was shocked when I went to London and they didn't have Iced tea. It was hard to get Ice cubes! To make the tea I home brew the tea add Tons of ice cubes and a slice of lemon.I use Slenda or sugar.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:38 PM

Thank you Rhonda, as I said not very popular here only in bottles , It is very refreshing, I will look for that in the supermarket.
would you like me to send you a couple of Patchwork and quilting books. Unfortunatly they are just full of ads these days but you may have a bit of fun reading them.
Cheers
maple-norma
Old 02-23-2011, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I buy Nestea instant (it's a black orange pekoe I believe)and you just add how ever much you like to cold water with ice. It tastes differant from hot tea gone cold. You can also use tea bags in a large jar of water set in the sun and the sun will make it suntea. Just add ice for iced tea. Very popular here.

There are all sorts of flavored teas and herbal teas here a lot of them instant or tea bags. And fruit flavored teas. My mom likes a diet rasberry pekoe that she gets instant.

We always drank iced tea instead of pop when I was growing up. Soda wasn't very much a part of people"s lives back then,. It was water koolaid or iced tea for kids and coffee or iced tea for adults.
I use 10-12 tea bags for a gallon jar of water, and set it in the sun for at least 3-4 hours. I don't drink it super sweet, like they do down south, I use 1 cup of sugar to a finished gallon is more than enough for me. Enjoy! You can also experiment with flavored teas. My personal favorite iced tea is called Chai tea (with milk). It is from the orient. Wonderful hot or cold! (Just a caution, do not put milk in any tea that has fruit in it, curdled tea is not pretty!) :-D
Old 02-23-2011, 03:38 PM

I create specialty sandwiches for our cafe/market and one of our best sellers is avocado, sliced sweet potato, fresh tomatoe, thin sliced red onion and a honey dijon dressing. We also have a great grilled cheese with havarti, fresh tomatoe, fresh basil and ground pepper.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:05 PM

Oh, my all time favorite is a Monte Cristo, but it must have been battered and deep fried. Add sour cream and strawberry jam, and I am in sandwich Heaven!!! :-)

Runner up is a tuna melt..messy but sooo yummy!!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:54 PM

Disneyland in Southern Calif used to make the best Monte Cristo sandwich at a little cafe attached to the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction... the "Blue Bayou"
Old 02-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Power Poster

I love turkey on Wholewheat toast!