What is your opinion?

Old 12-15-2017, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
Oooh, the gages (gauges?) I can't stand those. And I'm wondering if those people realize that once their ear lobes stretch like that they will never go back so when the fad is over their stuck with icky earlobes. Yuck!
Oh...I've seen a couple of men with that. Didn't know what it was called. OMG, I thought it was earrings that were coated like a mirror...didn't realized they were big holes in the ears.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:32 PM
Power Poster

it's just hair but I do like it to be clean. I don't care for the piercings or large ear holes but I guess I'm just getting old.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:42 PM

I can appreciate the freedom the twist it up and put a clip in it styles give girls and women today. I too was a hairdresser, and style changes are one of the things that kept me in business.

think of he ladies at the turn of the century, 1900-1910 styles with miles of hair all poofed up in a pamador and then a giant hat? Give me a wad any day.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:56 PM

Bad color jobs and cuts are hard to differentiate with some of the styles today. Not sure I care for the multi-colored hair but, when it's done well, looks really cool. Thought about doing that myself and counseled at a drug rehab. One of patients suggested it. Through the years, my family has called me "the girl with a 1,000 do's" because I tried any style, length, perm, however, never colored. I cringe at my 1,000 hairdo's. I have long hair now and all gray...until a style inspires me, I'll leave it alone. Appeals to my hippie inner child. Lol..
Old 12-15-2017, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Bear, I saw a man once working in a kiosk at the mall. He had holes in his ears the size of dimes. I'm a nurse but honestly I felt sick looking at him. He was putting plastic on my Ipod so I had to be in his line of vision. Could not
wait to get away from him. I've seen a few others as well over the years. Really gross.
Do not like this permanent disfiguring, either. Or those weird colored eye lenses some wear. Creepy.

Last edited by Teen; 12-15-2017 at 01:07 PM.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by anne2016 View Post
Oh...I've seen a couple of men with that. Didn't know what it was called. OMG, I thought it was earrings that were coated like a mirror...didn't realized they were big holes in the ears.
I didn't know what they were called either but that's going to need a future trip to the plastic surgeon.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:51 PM

Am all for the simple, short styles ... no coloring. Most distasteful is # of ladies doing the straight/long hair style
Regardless of age. Most pleasing is the beautiful, natural, long hair of Hispanic ladies ... no frills.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:36 PM
Power Poster

i'm 58 and have long hair. I hate the short post menopausal haircut, and swore I'd never get it. My hair is whiteish blond. like the color of a banana. a lot lighter than my icon picture. gotta get a new one. Everyone loves my hair, my drs. always tell me that, and they love to touch it. it's very soft and not wirey at all, like some grey is. It takes a lot to keep it nice. Luckily, i sleep on my back and don't move around much. i part my hair in the back, and laydown on my pillow and pull my hair out from the back of my head. i wake up and it looks great. i also have a satin pillowcase that i made. It's a bit wavy, but mostly straight now. it's about 2" short of my belt. I plan to grow it down to my belt. I'll get the ends trimmed in the spring. I have long hair and i love it.

I have a quilting friend, she has grey hair, in her 60's, late, and has a shock of purple in it. I couldn't imagine her without it. she needs it, lightens up her face and her whole being.
Old 12-15-2017, 04:31 PM
Power Poster

I have fine baby soft gray hair and I keep it about 1" long all over my head, bangs a bit longer. No could grow it very long. I like me with short hair.
I use to have it a little longer and permed it every 4 months. Now I spend all that time on making quilts.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:19 PM
Power Poster

I have seen males and females with this look, and each time I say to Jim "they look like they just got out of bed. Another thing that bugs me is seeing brand new blue jeans with rips in the knees.