What are your pet peeves?

Old 04-07-2010, 05:19 AM

Pregnant women on TV, or waddling down the aisle at the supermarket. Don't know why, just grosses me out for some reason.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:49 AM
Pam

If I can hear youi chewing, slurping and swallowing across the room, for heaven's sake take a smaller bite, if you are planning on keeping those teeth!
Old 04-07-2010, 06:51 AM

people who list them?
Old 04-07-2010, 06:52 AM
Power Poster

I get very irritated when people say Mass instead of Massachusetts. Also when I hear FebUary instead of FebRUary.

And then there are those who say 7AM in the morning. Is that to distinguish it from 7AM at NIGHT!!!???
Old 04-07-2010, 06:58 AM
Pam

Originally Posted by Boston1954
I get very irritated when people say Mass instead of Massachusetts. Also when I hear FebUary instead of FebRUary.

And then there are those who say 7AM in the morning. Is that to distinguish it from 7AM at NIGHT!!!???
Yeah!! How many people really carry an ax any more? Must be a whole lot of lumberjacks out there axing questions!
Old 04-07-2010, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by beachlady
DH never closes the kitchen cupboard doors. The drawers have the soft close, so he does manage to push those shut! He also does not rinse his bowls out. But, I do have to say that he is a great duster and helps me out and does all the yard work, so I don't sweat the small stuff!!
What is it with NOT closing cupboard doors and drawers???!!!! Drives me crazy, especially when he asks "how come there's crumbs and crap in the silverware drawer?" Duh!

Before I go on, let me say that my boyfriend does laundry, loads the dishwasher (usually), does the cat boxes, etc. He's a joy! 99% of the time. That said....

My biggest peeve is this old wooden handle frying pan he loves. He pulled it out when I told him my Faberware was off limits (he knows one heat setting - HIGH!). When he uses this frying pan, he leaves behind a two foot ring of grease. It's too big to fit in the sink, but in it goes along with any forth coming silverware, dishes, other pots, and the dish sponge. I refuse to touch this mess. I can't stand grease!!!! :evil: Told him that if I find THAT frying pan in the sink again, its going on a lonnnngggg trip, never to return!

Guess the message must have finally sunk in. Just to be on the safe side, instead of putting the frying pan in the dishwasher (where it barely fits), he took it out to the driveway and used a hose to wash it! We'll see how long this lasts. :!:
Old 04-07-2010, 07:30 AM
Power Poster

People who post to get people upset about something and no one ever comes back to up date it.
People that ask for free fabrics, then comes back and tell they just bought a new sewing machine and took a vacation. Seems to me they could buy their own fabrics.
Poeple not looking at other threads and asking the same question that has already been asked.
People skipping around and not reading through PDAs, threads and asking a question that's already been answered, sometimes right above their question.
Too many more to mention.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:33 AM

I have a lot lol, probably what bugs me is people calling me.... Honey, sweety or dear. Raises my shackles
Old 04-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Power Poster

People who chew gum. No one looks good chewing, and when they talk you see the gum and they think you can't. It's disgusting. My next biggest peeve is people who give an excuse for something instead of a reason. I never accepted an excuse from my kids, they had to have a reason. My DD said that has been her best job advancement tool.
She never gives excuses to her bosses for anything only a reason.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:59 AM

Bellaboo, not being a smart a-- but what is the difference? I kinda know what you mean but not real sure.