What are your pet peeves?

Old 04-08-2010, 06:38 AM

Thanks for chiming in! I don't want to be a grump but some things....

Originally Posted by penny doty
Originally Posted by QBeth
Sorry, have to add one. Just got an email from a friend that contains some variation of a religious picture and a prayer to say. It says, if I don't send this out to X number of people immediately, I'll lose my job, my house will burn down, and my dog (if I had one) will die. BUT, if I forward it (thus continuing the curse, in my opinion), then I'll get a gazillion dollars in the mail, etc.

I told her to REALY think about the message she's sending! If I don't do her bidding, then my life becomes a shambles. Somehow, I think God will forgive me if I ignore these types of emails. I can think of my own prayers and, prefer not to buy into such superstitious nonsense. Not to be irreligious but what is a Novena? A prayer?

Sorry, had to vent. Guess this is really a pet peeve of mine!
Oh I have a friend who sends those to me, I love the message, but I am with you, I don't have to pass it on for God to love me, I send it to one person on the board and to my hubbys e-mail, but only for the beautiful message. Penny
Old 04-08-2010, 06:39 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by Pam
If I can hear youi chewing, slurping and swallowing across the room, for heaven's sake take a smaller bite, if you are planning on keeping those teeth!
Ditto for me. I just want to scream when people do that. Plus I don't want to see the food in that they are chewing so don't talk with the mouth full of food. Gross!!!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by carrieg
People who turn left from the right lane, across 3 lanes of traffic right in front of me! LOL
Was that during your last trip to Massachusetts?

Sorry, I'm from there originally so I can joke about it. I've always contended that Mass drivers are the best because they have some of the worst! :lol:
Old 04-08-2010, 06:54 AM

Oh, and one of the worst for me is someone sitting behind me kicking my chair. We have season tickets to basketball games, and the people sitting behind us have two small children that are constantly kicking our chairs. I have politely asked the parents to please have them stop kicking, and they may for awhile, but then it starts back up again. Sends me through the roof!
Old 04-08-2010, 07:13 AM

I HATE making phone calls to some companies, because they go something like this:

Welcome....
Press 1 for..
Press 2 for...
Press 3 for....
(So I press 3)
If you want.......please press 1
If you want.......please press 2

And on and on and on. I know they are big companies and this is suppose to increase efficiency but it drives me crazy.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:20 AM

I just have to add, the hyphenated American thing and ANY politicians these days, make me crazy! Also, teachers who teach their personal agenda.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by ranger
I HATE making phone calls to some companies, because they go something like this:

Welcome....
Press 1 for..
Press 2 for...
Press 3 for....
(So I press 3)

And on and on and on. I know they are big companies and this is suppose to increase efficiency but it drives me crazy.
Most of the time, you can press zero and it will take you to a live receptionist so you don't have to listen to all that.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by hokieappmom

Welcome....
Press 1 for..
Press 2 for...
Press 3 for....
(So I press 3)

Most of the time, you can press zero and it will take you to a live receptionist so you don't have to listen to all that.
What works varies by company. Try http://gethuman.com/ to get specifics for a lot of companies (probably doesn't cover everyone, but looks like a good range).
Old 04-08-2010, 07:48 AM
Power Poster

An excuse usually always brings in a second party that did/said something that caused the person responsible to be able to point a finger and whine and be all poor me, it's not my fault I couldn't do what I was responsible for doing. A reason leaves no question why the job could not be done as expected.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:55 AM

When all else fails, I keep hitting the 0, maybe 5 or more times. It confuses the heck out their system and transfers to a human. Works 99.9% of the time.

Welcome....
Press 1 for..
Press 2 for...
Press 3 for....
(So I press 3)