What's The Difference?

Old 11-10-2011, 02:54 PM

Default What's The Difference?

I don't understand the difference between Recent Topics and What's New. Both have older posts in them. What am I missing here??
Old 11-10-2011, 03:04 PM

good question
Old 11-10-2011, 04:42 PM

I'm thinking everything is based on the most recent post/reply ... so if there is a post from Feb 2010 and someone just replied to it today, then it will show up in the recent topics.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:16 PM

Is there some way to delete the posts from years ago and just receive the new posts that have been posted today? I am not enjoying this wandering around trying to find anything but I am wondering if I am lacking knowledge of an easier way to just find the most recent topics? I have changed the settings but it didn't seem to help.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:42 PM

There's no difference between the two, and MinnieKat is right....even if a topic was first posted two years ago, if someone finds it and adds to it, THEIR post becomes a recent post and it gets added to the top of the list.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by donnalynett View Post
Is there some way to delete the posts from years ago and just receive the new posts that have been posted today? I am not enjoying this wandering around trying to find anything but I am wondering if I am lacking knowledge of an easier way to just find the most recent topics? I have changed the settings but it didn't seem to help.
I agree if anyone can acomplish this please let me know too.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:55 PM

There's a lot of information in some of those old posts...I don't think they should be deleted!
Old 11-10-2011, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by donnalynett View Post
If you go to Settings at top of page, then General Settings, there is a section called Default Thread Age Cut Off. You will only see posts for a specific time, such as 2 days, 1 week, 1 month, etc. The information does not go away, you will only see posts if they occurred during the time YOU set. They will remain in the archives if need something I think you can do a search for it. Mine is set for the Board Default, but I don't know what that means!
Old 11-10-2011, 11:05 PM

If not deleated than at least seperate from the newer ones. Maybe all new postings for the past 24 hrs. The older post can be bookmarked for ref if you want them, but some of the old post I am not intrested in, but every time some one who is intrested post a reply it shows up as a new post. Maybe we need a New topic, or New Thread? Just a thought.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
If you go to Settings at top of page, then General Settings, there is a section called Default Thread Age Cut Off. You will only see posts for a specific time, such as 2 days, 1 week, 1 month, etc. The information does not go away, you will only see posts if they occurred during the time YOU set. They will remain in the archives if need something I think you can do a search for it. Mine is set for the Board Default, but I don't know what that means!
THANK YOU ,THANK YOU,THANK YOU!!!
found it hope it works