Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what's the dumbest thing you've ever seen?

Blog Entries

what's the dumbest thing you've ever seen?

Tonight as my husband and I were going out to dinner. a guy rode by on his bike with a mini Maglite flashlight in his mouth as a head light! What if he fell?
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

He would turn into a jack-o-lantern with the light on the inside. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Blog Entries
    what if he hit a bump!?
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

That sounds pretty dumb. I am sure I've seen dumb things, and probably have done some dumb things, but can't think of any right now!
    Alyce

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    This made me laugh. Have a friend who had a tiny flashlight the size of a quarter in length. Had it in his mouth. Told him to be careful. I mean it was no bigger than up to 1 1/2" and 1/4" in diameter. He accidentally swallowed it. Luckily for him it was stuck in his esophagus. Took him to the ER and they were able to get it out. Had no trouble finding it; the light was still on. No kidding. He was always putting things in his mouth.

Blog Entries
    The dumbest thing lately (we have a lot of dumb here locally) is a business that advertised having a surveillance system. So thieves broke in and took everything they could, including that system. DUH!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

this is going back quite a few years ago ~ I was about 19 and my date drove up in a convertible
    hood down of course, that way he could sit on the drives seat back rest, and use his handy dandy pea shooter to shoot at my parents living room window. till I came out. Then he drove to the beach, on the beach , along the edge..he told me it was ok as he had snow tires on. And you guessed it, the tide started to come in, we got stuck , we got pulled out. and I never went out with him again.. lol

Sometimes stupidity knows no bounds.

Blog Entries
    well if he fell, his Doctor wouldn't have to shine a light into his mouth!

Blog Entries
    Pressing my "like" button!!

Quote Originally Posted by dunster View Post
    He would turn into a jack-o-lantern with the light on the inside. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

Blog Entries
    Road sign- "Overhead power lines above!" Oh, really?
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

Blog Entries
    The stupidest thing I have ever seen occurred in Dallas, Texas a few years ago.
    I had the day off and decided to go to the state fair. Lots of things to see, lots to do, (even a carving of a girl currying a horse, made of butter!). As I was leaving, a guy in a little convertable red sports car cut me off as I tried to use the onramp to the freeway (Hwy 75-N) He had a huge stuffed animal in the seat next to him in the seat belt, and a second huge stuffed animal over his head held with his hand over his head. As he flew by, my thought was "hmmm, must be an automatic, and there's an accident waiting to happen".
    About four miles down the highway, I begin to see balls of stuffing all over the road, then I see the little red sports car up on its side, stuffing and fake fur are blowing all over the road, and the driver (who wasn't hurt bad enough to prevent his 'venting') is standing on the side of the road screaming into a cell phone! (Now, I can only speculate, but I am thinking that that delivery was not going to happen, and the fee for delivery was not going to cover the damage to that poor little sports car! lol!) I still laugh every time I see those giant stuffed animals at a carnival!
    Last edited by madamekelly; 11-01-2015 at 12:35 PM.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    HAR har har!!!! What a hoot!
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Was driving in Arizona behind what was obviously a drunk motorcycle rider.. We hoped he would be able to get home safely. Came to a stop sign, he was aware enough to stop, but he forgot to put his feet down. PLOP!!

That was funny dunster. I thought the same thing. I love those tiny bright flashlights at Harbor Freight. So easy to carry around when moving in the dark.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    Love hearing dumb stories. the world is full of them, the tv shows are proof of that. still they are hysterical.

My younger sister, many years ago, was eating some pop corn at home. One of the kernels got stuck in her throat. She took a rubber spatula to try to get it out. When she stuck it in her throat, it made her gag, and down went the spatula, into her stomach. Her DH took her to the emergency room. Someone there called the local TV station. It took many tries to get it out. Every time they had hold of the spatula, a piece would break off. Finally, they got it. She was so embarrassed.
    A couple of months after that, she was rolling her husbands bowling ball around with her foot. Stuck her big toe in one of the finger holds. Yep, it got stuck. Her DH had to take her in again and they were able to finally get her toe out.
    She was a cancer researcher at the Mayo clinic. Very intelligent person. Not very smart.

The Beautiful Willamette Valley In Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    Tonight as my husband and I were going out to dinner. a guy rode by on his bike with a mini Maglite flashlight in his mouth as a head light! What if he fell?
    Oh, my goodness, you made me laugh! What a sight that must have been!
    Shirley
    "We shall pass this way on Earth but once; if there is any kindness we can show, or good act we can do, let us do it now, for we will never pass this way again." Stephen Grellet

The Beautiful Willamette Valley In Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
    The stupidest thing I have ever seen occurred in Dallas, Texas a few years ago.
    I had the day off and decided to go to the state fair. Lots of things to see, lots to do, (even a carving of a girl currying a horse, made of butter!). As I was leaving, a guy in a little convertable red sports car cut me off as I tried to use the onramp to the freeway (Hwy 75-N) He had a huge stuffed animal in the seat next to him in the seat belt, and a second huge stuffed animal over his head held with his hand over his head. As he flew by, my thought was "hmmm, must be an automatic, and there's an accident waiting to happen".
    About four miles down the highway, I begin to see balls of stuffing all over the road, then I see the little red sports car up on its side, stuffing and fake fur are blowing all over the road, and the driver (who wasn't hurt bad enough to prevent his 'venting') is standing on the side of the road screaming into a cell phone! (Now, I can only speculate, but I am thinking that that delivery was not going to happen, and the fee for delivery was not going to cover the damage to that poor little sports car! lol!) I still laugh every time I see those giant stuffed animals at a carnival!
    Ohhhh, I am laughing so hard tears are rolling down my cheeks and my sides are hurting. This thread has been my laugh for the day. Many thanks to all of you for your contributions!!!
    Shirley
    "We shall pass this way on Earth but once; if there is any kindness we can show, or good act we can do, let us do it now, for we will never pass this way again." Stephen Grellet

Power Poster
    Some days it's the person that I see in the mirror!

Some ads come to mind, like the one for a brand of beer, people taste the beer, they like it, and are very surprised when told it is X Brand. Not a sterling endorsement for the brand or its reputation, if people are surprised that it is good.

The dumbest thing I see almost everyday are motorcycle riders on the road wearing no helmet or protective clothing. What are they thinking?
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Just Friday coming home from work, I witnessed someone angrily trying to get into a vehicle war with a loaded cement truck. This guy in a Bronco kept swooping in front of the truck and hitting his brakes, forcing the cement truck to slam on HIS breaks, then the Bronco would swing to the side and get next to the truck and swerve over like he was going to hit the truck - apparently trying to force the cement truck to flinch over and get forced off the freeway. I couldn't believe my eyes. I kind of hoped the cement truck would just hit him. Everyone on the freeway had to slow way down to avoid this crazy guy, there are only 3 lanes and he was all over all of them. He finally dove off on an exit at the last possible second, almost clipping the front end of a wheelchair express bus. He must have been high on something, that was NOT rational behavior!

Blog Entries
    I marvel at some of the dumb things people really do and they don't realize the consequences until later. Later is too late so much of the time.
    Mariah
    Have a wonderful Quilting Day, make it your way!
    Marta
    Martha Tompkins

Blog Entries
    Divadee, I must admit, the spatula story beats them all. What was she thinking????
    Then the bowling ball, I would have greased and iced it off. i'd be too embarrassed to go to the ER like that.
    What goes thru peoples heads? Reminds me of the LUCY episode with the loving cup on her head.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast