Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: what's the dumbest thing you've ever seen?

All the spatulas I have are impossible to swallow and even more impossible to break off. What exactly was the type spatula she swallowed? Seems drinking some water would remove the popcorn kernel huh?
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Blog Entries
    I was thinking the same thing. Mine are on the thick side.
    but who would try to dislodge a popcorn kernel that way. it takes all kinds as they say.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Any guy wearing his pants or shorts from 1/2 way down to below his butt. We all know what he wants us to think is holding them up, obviously too dumb to realize we all know it's the hand he has to have holding on to them every second. I teach middle & high school students ( we have a dress code so this doesn't happen at our school or extra curricular events) never has any of our female students expressed anything but disgust for this supposed fashion look. I have seen many guys in public looking ridiculous as they try to do simple every day tasks-or even get from point A to point B without looking like the south end of a horse.... Saw one guy try to run across a gravel parking lot- things were going awkwardly ok until he took a face plant into a mud puddle- couldn't stop laughing! Or the dad with his two young children who while holding one, the other one reached up for his hand, the little guy got his dad's waistband instead (now that's low) and "shanked" his dad!
    “Come to me all you who are weary and I will give you rest”~Jesus

A woman on a motorcycle,no helmet,flip flops,tank top and shorts. Can you say road rash??

Blog Entries
    For my son's birthday one year (20 yrs ago)I took him and a few friends out for bowling. One of the boys complained about his belt being to tight and asked if he could leave it in the car. I let him...not knowing he was trying to be 'cool'...he didn't wear them low like they do now...or he'd have been in trouble...but he wanted them kinda loose. It wasn't long until he threw his ball down the alley and his pants fell past his rear end showing everyone his underwear...he was so embarrassed! I told him 'I think you need to go to the car and get your belt"....he said, 'yes ma'am.'
    HisPatchwork

Blog Entries
    why do they wear their pants low. looks stupid to me. I HATE that look. glad its on the way out.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Several years ago, we lived on a two-lane country road. We had had a really bad ice storm, and the county road crew was out cleaning up broken tree limbs. The tree in front of our house had a broken limb that was still hanging in the tree. So the guys pulled their dump truck up beside the tree, wrapped a chain around the limb, then hooked it to a hook that was on the top front side of the dump bed. They drove off, planning to pull the limb out of the tree, but broke the hook off of the truck instead. Not to be deterred, they turned the truck around and connected the chain to an identical hook on the other side and of course, broke that one off too!

Finally realizing that the limb was still attached better than they thought, they decided to wrap the chain hanging from the limb around the back axle of the dump truck. Then they took off as fast as they could and when they got to the end of the chain, it jerked the entire back end of the truck up off the ground! Since it didn't have front-wheel-drive, the front tires rolled rapidly backwards and the truck slammed down with it turned crossways of the narrow two-lane road. After several minutes of them pulling forward, backing up, pulling forward, backing up...they finally got the dump truck turned the right direction on the road and wrapped the chain around the front axle. They threw it in reverse and took off flying backwards, succeeding in jerking the front end off of the road MUCH higher than the rear end had gone. They kept gunning it, and finally the weight of the truck jerked the limb out of the tree, causing the truck to slam back down into the road, and causing all kinds of things to bounce out of the truck and into the road. And wouldn't you know it? One of the things that bounced out of the truck was a chain saw, which they could have used to cut the limb down with in the first place!

But wait! There's more!! The next day I saw the same truck stopped in front of my house, and one of the guys was walking back and forth along my fence row. Finally he bent over and picked something up. Evidently one of the things that came bouncing out of the truck when it slammed back down into the road was a zippered bank bag! LOL!

Donna

She used a very skinny spatula. She had tried everything.
    With the bowling ball, she had tried to get it out, it ended up swelling so bad, it was cutting the circulation off.

I tell my 8 grandsons, that their grandmother does not want to see their underwear and to PULL UP YOUR PANTS.
    I won't put up with that crap.

The low pants thing reminds me of a prank video I saw online. Someone was walking down the street with the saggy pants/underwear showing thing going on, and someone in the car (filming this) squirted him in the butt with a squirt gun. The guy got mad and tried to chase down the car but tripped over his own pants. The car backed up & they squirted him a few more times while he was on the ground, and then took off again. All you could hear was the people in the car laughing.

I thought that was petty funny! It was kind of mean, but it was just water in a little squirt gun (not even a super soaker type, just a little finger-pump type - utterly harmless) so the only injury was to the guy's pride. And if the guy didn't have his pants down he'd have escaped their taunting!

I think it ought to be an accepted practice - if you see someone's underwear you should be allowed to squirt them in their rear ends. Since they're on display and everything!

Blog Entries
    Donna, that was a good one. what was wrong with just cutting the branch off.
    Sewnoma, I agree, but I think they should be pantsed, you know, someone goes behind them
    and pulls down their pants. I think they are asking for it. Still, I don't understand why they
    walk around like that. It's disgusting, really.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2