Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What's the funniest thing  a/your child ever asked you? >

What's the funniest thing a/your child ever asked you?

What's the funniest thing a/your child ever asked you?

Old 12-02-2010, 10:04 AM

My son was about 3 and I had to go to the bathroom in a public restroom so naturally I had to take him in with me. When I did he says in a loud loud voice..... Mom you've got fur! I didn't want to come out of the bathroom to see who had heard him.

My daughter was 4 and I had gotten her a set of twin dolls with carriages and bassinets to match which I had set up in the living room . When she woke up on Christmas morning and saw them she ran to them, picked the babies both up, looked up to the sky and said " Oh Santa Clause Thank you Santa Clause" What a memorable moment I will always remember.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:10 AM

a few years ago, my then 10 year old daughter asked me;
"mum, did you have a gameboy in the olden days'???
i was only 33 at the time!!!

kids, you gotta luv 'em!!! lol
Old 12-02-2010, 10:11 AM

abonda, that's hilarious!! (little soul!!)
and you daughter, you could just squeeze her!! so cute!!
Old 12-02-2010, 11:35 AM

One of my kids asked me if I ever road in a covered wagon, told them no, but to go ask Grandma if she did. Don't know if they ever asked her.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:57 AM

Such a great topic!
When my GS was about 5 my daughter, GS and I were coming home from shopping. It began to rain and he was not happy due to the thunder which he was afraid of. My daughter had told him that it was grandpa (my husband died in 1999) playing the drums. He asked me 'Why does grandpa have to play the drums? I told him that was the job that God gave him. He replied "Oh Great! Jobs in heaven too. I want the job of petting the kittens'.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:18 PM

A few years ago when my nephew's little girl was about3 or 4, my brothetr was at her house playing his guitar. He is self taught and she came in the room and promptly told him -You need more practice!
Old 12-02-2010, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by abonda
My son was about 3 and I had to go to the bathroom in a public restroom so naturally I had to take him in with me. When I did he says in a loud loud voice..... Mom you've got fur! I didn't want to come out of the bathroom to see who had heard him.

My daughter was 4 and I had gotten her a set of twin dolls with carriages and bassinets to match which I had set up in the living room . When she woke up on Christmas morning and saw them she ran to them, picked the babies both up, looked up to the sky and said " Oh Santa Clause Thank you Santa Clause" What a memorable moment I will always remember.
Adorable...my son, about 2 1/2, walked in on me one morning as I was getting out of the shower, lookeda t me down there ...and said "I see Gigi" ...Gigi was my mother's poodle...I could hear my husband laughing out loud in bed...
Old 12-02-2010, 01:26 PM

My daughter (about 4 yrs old) made a name tag) with beads and when my mother asked her to make her one for when she goes to the Senior Citizen Meetings. My daughter said "How do spell Grandma"
Old 12-02-2010, 02:35 PM

We were out to eat with my inlaws once when my ds was about 3 yo. The waitress took my inlaws orders first. She turned to me and asked "and what can I get the young lady". My son turned to her and in a very offended voice said " she's no lady, she's my mom"
Old 12-02-2010, 03:12 PM

what an absolutely hysterical thread! Don't have anything to share, but am cracking over these funnies.