Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What's the funniest thing  a/your child ever asked you? >

What's the funniest thing a/your child ever asked you?

What's the funniest thing a/your child ever asked you?

Old 12-01-2010, 11:33 AM

I worked part time second shift at the hospital. Those mornings I worked diligently to get the house in order. I had three under three year olds. Put them outside in the fenced yard to play in the sunshine. The girl knocked on the kitchen door over and over. In exasperation I answered "What Do You Want?" Her reply was ..." With a name like Smuckers it's got to be good!" (An ad for jam from TV)
Old 12-01-2010, 11:43 AM

My daughter, about 4 - 5, (she is now 37) one day asked me what "fashiondie" meant. I said I don't know where did you hear it?? She said, "you know in the prayer - now I lay me down to sleep". They were saying it so fast she thought "If I shoould die" was all one word "Fashion die". J J
Old 12-01-2010, 11:49 AM

Age 4, my daughter observed newborn (girl baby) at the home daycare she went to. Apparently was fastinated by umbilical cord coming off . . . .

Came home and informed me that "all babies are born with a penis. They fall off of the girls, because we really don't need one anyway!"
Old 12-01-2010, 12:20 PM

I remember asking my MIL when do I stop letting my DS and DD bath together. She said, "You'll know." Shortly after, at bath time, I'm in the kitchen and I hear giggling. I go to the bathroom and I see DD flicking DS's penis with her finger and giggling. I knew then that was the right time. By the way, they were only about 3 and 4 yrs old. Another time, DS at bath time, says "My beans, where are my beans?" Apparently, his "beans" had shrunk up inside him.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:52 PM

When my son was little he was sick and told me "Mom I don't feel real" I guess that's a pretty good way to identify being sick. My nephew was fishing with his grandma and it was a hot day and he wiped his head and told her his "two-head was sweating"
Old 12-01-2010, 12:54 PM

Many years ago when we were waiting for a new Pope to be elected my nephew was sitting at the dinner table and he was about 5 y/o - he asks his dad "Dad, who elects the new Pope, the Cardinals or the Mets?"
Old 12-01-2010, 01:34 PM

When my DD was about 6 or 7, she asked me, "Mommy, if you and daddy didn't get married, would I be an orphan?"

She's 40, and for some reason, it irritates her when I tell this story.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:39 PM

It's not a question I was asked, but a funny comment.
We had just returned from Easter Sunday church services to find my oldest son's bunny dead. My then 4 year old youngest son commented, " Happy Easter, I don't know why they say Happy Easter. First Jesus died, and now Babs is dead."
Old 12-01-2010, 02:24 PM

When my youngest GrandDaughter was in preschool they has Nursery Rhyme week when the had a program to recite their favorite rhyme. In Costume! She chose Mary Mary Quite Contrarry and while working on her Gardeners outfit we also worked on her being able to say "contrary" . Came the big day and she looked adorable and proudly said" Mary, Mary Quite contrary, How does your garden grow? With Silver Shells and Taco Bells couldnt understand why people laughed.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:31 PM

These were great! rofl

Then: (round 4-5) > Serious as a tack, my son's in the bathroom while I was doing my makeup, starring at the bathtub he says, "Mommy, what are bathtubs made of?"

Now: (24)> I have a ton of art supplies packed in my closet, enter my new interest in quilting = closet stuffed with tons of notions, bags of fabric etc... He stepped in just to check out all the stuff (not touching anything)Suddenly about 5 sacks fall on his head like an avalanche. Of course I busted out laugh, saying "yea, I need more space..He's all dead pan serious and says, "Mother, I have a phone # of someone who can help you..It's (said real slow)> 1 - 8 0 0 - D i a l A P r a y e r lol..