what's for supper tonight?

Old 08-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Administrator

you may come visit me. i'll happily share my summer with you. we have more than enough to go around. (where is the melting emoticon? :lol: )

i haven't looked yet. cross your fingers and hope my son left some of the fried chicken for me. :lol:
Old 08-06-2010, 12:50 PM

Chicken and veggies cooked on the BBQ. Right now we are having thunder and lightening along with some rain. Love it as it is cooling the temp off outside but will probably get more humid.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:51 PM
JJs
Banned

since it cooled off (it's 91 instead of 101) I'm making hamburger steak, baked potatoes and green beans for supper...
with Jack Daniels steak sauce... hmmmmmm
Old 08-06-2010, 02:56 PM

I had my grandkids all day since my DDIL had to be out of town. I told our DS to have supper with us, so I made one of his favorites....meatloaf, mashed potatoes,broccholi and a big salad. Chocolate ice cream for dessert.
I am exausted since the kids were here since early this a.m. I don't usually get up early. Whew....long day! :-D
Old 08-06-2010, 03:30 PM

cucumber and tomatoes salad from the garden and watermelon and cantalope from the garden for dessert.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Joanie2
What heat? Here in N. Calif it's 10-20 degrees cooler than usual for August. High today about 69 in Napa. We haven't had any summer yet. Hope it comes soon--usually August and Sept.
DH and I went out to Mimi's Cafe for dinner (our excuse to hit Joanne's for me and the Comic Book Shop for him). I had
a cup of corn chowder, 1/2 a dinner roll and 3 crab fritters.
Took home the other 4 and 1/2 dinner roll.

Sent me some warm weather!
I think I hate you! (just kidding of course) Abput 100 degree heat index today
Old 08-06-2010, 03:54 PM

We've been eating pretty good this week so tonight is "clean out the frig" night. We need to finish up all those small leftovers so they do not go to waste. And the best part is that I can sew instead of cooking as I will nuke them just before we sit down! I think we may have hit 90 today in the Central Valley, some places in the northern valley didn't get out of the 80's!
Old 08-06-2010, 04:06 PM

We generally eat out late afternoons and went to a buffet setting this afternoon. I had shrimp and cod fish with corn and mashed potatoes-gravy. Right now, it is my final cup of coffee, a piece of chocolate and head for the sewing room while DH reads and reads and reads the night away. We had a break in the heat and humidity--maybe only 90 degrees today, slight breeze. However, it is back to excessive heat warnings Saturday evening through next Wednesday. Guess I will stay in my sewing room which is lower level of home.

AnnaK, you had 69 degrees this morning! Wow, wish I lived where you do. Being an old-Coloradoan, the 45 to 70 degree temp of late falls and early springs are something I really miss.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Administrator

is it just me or is there something odd about the phrase "only 90 degrees"? :lol:

Myrtle! wear a sweater out. it's only 90 degress today. :lol:
Old 08-06-2010, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by BRenea
French Dip sandwiches with coleslaw (homemade, of course) and LOTS of sweet iced tea! Oh, and potato-chip cookies for dessert. :)
What is a potato chip cookie?Have a recipe?