What's your claim to fame?

Old 07-03-2011, 10:10 PM

Interesting thread, made me think back over the years of who I've met while waitressing, owning a sign supply store and just in happenstance. Pat Boone, Debbie Boone, Anson Williams, Ron Howard and his family, Robert Redford, Joe Mannix, Bobbie Vinton, The Oak Ridge Boys and their entourage, Big Daddy Ed Roth, Von Dutch (1950's pinstriper), Patty Duke. Just remember, we all put our pants on one leg at a time, and sometimes fame can be a burden.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:15 AM

Had dinner with the head of the Nordic Council. Of course that only has meaning in the Nordic countries I guess.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:36 AM
dd

Originally Posted by UglyCook
I met a munchkin from the Wizard of Oz movie. Actually, she came up to me in an airport (in KC!! lol) and introduced herself and asked me to take a picture of her with her son and grandson with her picture. Then we chatted until it was time to board our flights.
I forgot about that, I met 2 of the munchkins. The ywere in Myrtle Beach. One was the boy who handed Dorothy the lollipop and the other held different part. He was one who woke up in the nest. I do have my own!
Old 07-04-2011, 04:58 AM
dd

My dad shot pool and drank beer with Jimmy Dean and danced with Patsy Cline. He said she was so skinny he could reach all the way around her waist and tickle himself in the belly. You'd have to know my dad. My sister-in-law was on a plane behind Densel Washington. My mother-in-law met Dolly Parton.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:35 AM

Got to go back stage at the Grand Ol" Opray a couple of times. Had my picture taken with lots of the artists - Holly Dunn, Jimmy Dickens, Porter Wagner, Ricky Skaggs, Skeeter Davis, Riders in the Sky......I felt like I was all that and a bag of chips! Good memories!
Old 07-04-2011, 07:40 AM

Nice fun topic this 4th of July and boy-oh-boy do some of us date ourselves as we recall those who impress us. Back in the day....lol....as president of the Association of Women Students on a small college campus, I was on tv with Marilyn VanDerbur. She was Miss America in 1957-8 and a delightful person who later founded the American Coalition for Abuse Awareness and One voice, plus Miss America By Day: Lessons Learned from Ultimate Betrayals and Unconditional Love.

Another fun visit for me was playing the piano in the Estes Park, Co. Stanley Hotel when the spirits-ghost-whatever locked up the keys and sent a chill up my back until I sat up straight. It has been said that Flora Stanley's ghost (wife of 1909 builder) has played the piano in the early morning hours. The Stanley is also where Stephen King got his inspiration for his novel The Shining.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
I am one of the 'extras' in the movie "Unforgetable" with Kim Catrall, and Ray Liotta in 1996, my DD shared and elevator ride with Ron White, other DD was in one of the "Wrestlemania" videos.
I almost forgot this one. :oops: I went to the Austin County fair in Bastrop, TX, where my sister, myself, and her son, met and visited with Buddy Jewel. I even got a big hug! He is a true southern gentleman! :thumbup:
Old 07-04-2011, 03:40 PM

This doesn't involve a famous person, and really, I'd doubt anyone here knows what I'm talking about (but it's a big deal) BUT
I had the first basenji ever, at our yearly national specialty, win an Award of Merit from the Field Trial Class.

Try to hold your applause LOL

Oh, I was peeing in the next stall at Tony Packo's when our Congresswoman walked in and peed in the stall next to me LOL!!!!

Oh, and one time, when we were in the Marirot next to the asirport in San Franciso, at the restaurant, I saw Tiger Woods with a confused look on his face, like 'Where am I supposed to be?" (They were having some sports breakfst there) He thought he was sneaking in the back door, huh uh, I saw him)
Old 07-04-2011, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
Originally Posted by Nolee
I'm six degrees separated from Kevin Bacon :) :)
Isn't everybody? LOL :D
I'm less than six
I sold a puppy to a guy that sat with him at SJP and M Broderick's wedding

This is so fun to read. I saw a mention of Bob Seger, so I'm still looking for that post. Around here, Toledo area, Bob is near to God
Old 07-04-2011, 05:08 PM

This doesn't involve a famous person, and really, I'd doubt anyone here knows what I'm talking about (but it's a big deal) BUT
I had the first basenji ever, at our yearly national specialty, win an Award of Merit from the Field Trial Class.

Try to hold your applause LOL

I don't have a hound, but I was heavily involved in showing IWs in obedience-okay, you can get off of the floor now :lol: -so I do have an idea what you're talking about! Congratulations :thumbup: