What's your secret?

Old 03-30-2018, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
Not really a secret but because of my experiences usually early into meeting someone who I might see on a regular basis I say I am Jewish and have a gay son. That has eliminated some potential friendships.
I'm Christian and I have a gay daughter. I understand some of the difficulties that arise in conversations. I love to listen to people's life stories and find common ground. Even with differences, there are often many similarities. I cover my head for worship with tichels which is something I have in common with orthodox Jewish women, and I love to quilt.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:13 PM
Power Poster

my secrets will go to the grave with me. people won't or can't understand. besides, it was a long time ago.

On the other hand, when in this type of situation, i say i'm a quilter. usually someone will ask questions about that.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:11 PM

I too think of this games as an ice breaker an way to get to know others. Not a request for someone's deepest darkest secret.

I can think of many things about me, that few people who are currently in my life know, that could be interesting to some. I also tend to tell people some things, when they start to make offensive comments, so that they know my experience is different.

An Example, my son loves to tell people his grandfather is Indian. Now my son has flaming red hair, fair skin, freckles and blue eyes. Nobody believes it, until they meet my step dad who is indeed from India and is the one grandfather my kids saw lots of growing up.

I feed feral cats at my own expense and have for three years. Very few people know about that.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:15 AM

We used this as an ice breaker in team building classes at the Hospital I work at.
My secret or unknown fact is that I have spent alot of time in prisons the past 8 years.
My dh and I belong to an ecumenical group that spends one Saturday night a month and 1-2 weekends a year in the womens and mens prisons near where we live sharing the Gospel. I really enjoy sitting and eating with the men, singing, listening to their life stories and sharing God's love with them. What makes these weekends interesting is that my dh has been a police officer for 30 years and I was the victim of a crime. Only God could lead and equip us to do this work, and bless us through it. We've established friendships and come to love some of these men like brothers.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:43 PM

Sorry for the loss of your first husband. Second one needed to go get a bit of compassion.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:46 PM

funny and honest
Old 04-05-2018, 06:47 PM

God be with you. Prisoner's are people to and Paul spent time in prison
Old 04-06-2018, 12:21 PM

I have a story for you.
I was playing “what is your great secret?” with a group of people at my house this morning just for the heck of it, and my roomie of six months says “I have a quilt, that is always with me.” I was interested of course what she meant. She pulled up the leg of her sundress and showed me this. It is her memorial to her “Gram” that was a very dedicated, prolific quilter! Lol.
Attached Thumbnails 22548ed4-deb6-43a4-81f0-992fe5e973ee.jpeg  
Old 04-06-2018, 01:34 PM
Power Poster

large size shoes- does anyone watch King of the Hill on t.v.? animated Texas family that cracks me up. the wife has big feet and even modeled them on one episode!!! funny.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:51 AM
Power Poster

and was so embarrassed by it too. that was a funny episode.