Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
when i take out my rotary cutter >

when i take out my rotary cutter

when i take out my rotary cutter

Old 09-12-2012, 02:23 PM

I hope you weren't really serious about "drop kicking" the cat. A guy in Chicago did that and is now serving
2 years in prison the had to pay a $2500 fine.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
Drop kicked????? Are you talking about actually kicking the kitten?
No i would never think of drop kicking a cat, but have thought about it with the dog. I have never done it. In fact. I ran into an issue with the dog a couple of months ago. Every time I started to sew, he would start barking. I was at my wits end. I tried cleaning, and oiling the machine thinking that he might be hearing something that wasn't right, and I wasn't hearing it. I tried paying more attention to him, and wearing him out before I started, and that didn't help. I finally took him to the vet to make sure his ears didn't have a problem. I looked with an otoscope with a human speculum, and didn't see anything. He had an ear infection that the vet was able to see with a longer speculum. The meds solved the problem. He hasn't acted up while I sew since. The vaccuum cleaner is another story. He is sent to another room. He wants to make sure he gets the machine before it gets him.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Power Poster

My zoey is our little girl, my other cats, when i sprayed them would get really upset. I promised zoey i wouldnt do that to her. I tried to weR her out, she juzt sits on the mat.
ive had 3 major quilt accixents in the past. She is so sweet, but when that utter starts rolling, shell even bite me. We have a condo with an open floor plan. The o ly doors are the bed and bathrooms. I'm considerinv paying a fortune to put up french doors.
She goes to the vet soon, so ill have them ck. Her ears. Oh, at a out 10:30 at night, she taps her foot and stares at me till i go to bed. She stays with me for a out ten minutes, then goes in
the lr with dh. I can come out awhile later, but if i come out to soon, she makes me go back.
i love hearing all your stories.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:47 PM

I would use a spray bottle to train them to leave my stuff alone. Also a catnip mouse to play with when I am sewing might help. Boxes with interesting holes cut in them will keep them amused also.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:22 PM

My ragdoll kitty thinks he is a dog. He follows me everywhere. He thinks my sewing room is "ours". He won't let my other kitty come in. He just chases him away. If I am sitting in my chair at the machine he jumps up behind me and squeezes in between me and the back of the chair. If I am at the cutting table he jumps up on my fabric. I just pick him up and put him in the chair and tell him to lay down and he curls up and goes to sleep. Then I have to move him when I want to sew. lol
Old 09-12-2012, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by GrandmaNewt View Post
I just came across a pic of my cat Moxie in her box at the end of my work table. She was apparently helping me quilt or at least there to supervise the cutting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]362117[/ATTACH]
Pretty kitty!
Old 09-12-2012, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I hope you weren't really serious about "drop kicking" the cat. A guy in Chicago did that and is now serving
2 years in prison the had to pay a $2500 fine.
That is too good for him! People who hurt animals or children don't deserve to live.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Power Poster

I have a similar problem with our Alice....(also known as "monster child" and "Alice Malice"). She takes great delight in hanging off the iron cord, sitting on my keyboard, knocking spools off the machine and leaping out and grabbing branches as I am pruning. When she gets too obnoxious I put her in another room or clap my hands and shout NO! Most of the time she gets away with being bratty....much to the annoyance of her "human siblings"
(our adult sons), who think all our animals are far too spoiled .....jealous methinks