Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
When my kids were little........... >

When my kids were little...........

When my kids were little...........

Old 06-24-2010, 07:54 PM

My Darling Grand Daughter was visiting me when I lived in Florida. Citrus fruit was abundant and I cannot start my Christmas Season without tangerines. We were gorging on sweet tangerines. When she returned to Ft Knox, she and my daughter were in the Commissory and she wanted some "orangeens, like Grandma." Love it, Orangeens every Christmas.

Blessings,
Ruth
Old 06-24-2010, 07:56 PM

Also, same Grand Daughter, precious innocent angel, had a new baby brother. She came in the room holding her head and asked, "Mom, make him stop crying! He's driving on my nuts!"

I need more blessings,

Ruth
Old 06-24-2010, 07:58 PM

My son use to shoot rainbows down the hill in front of my privacy hedge where I could not see him. I accidently caught him, and asked why he did not come in for that. He said, "I'm tired of peeing in my Tonka!" We use to kid him about nothing worse than peeing in your Tonka.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
And how many members have sons... what is it about little boys and NOT coming into the house to use the bathroom.... just whip it out no matter what :shock: Stop playing long enough to do that and back to playing... but I didn't wet myself Mommy :roll: LOL
I don't have children but remember helping to potty train both younger brothers. First you taught them to pull their pants down then had to teach them to come inside.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:00 PM

After living thirty years in Florida, I just accepted green leaves all year round. Visited my kids in Kentucky, and my four year old Grand Daughter told me, "Grandma, you aren't gonna like it here, we have butt naked trees."

I guess I have lots more blessing that I thought.

Ruth
Old 06-24-2010, 08:08 PM

My grandson started school and was soon learning about money. He was told for so long he was a 1/4 japanese and 3/4 American. One day he asked his mom "I'm a 1/4 japanese right?" And my DD told him yes. Well, he looked at her funny and said "What are you mom?" . DD just laughed and he replied "Are you 50 cents?". So his 1/4 was a quarter to him. We still tease him about it. So cute at that age.
Then granddaughter was 5 yrs old and we were teasing my mom about her nose growing like pinocchio's when she fibbed. My GD raised her hand and felt her nose and said "then why isn't my nose growing?". ROFL
Love the cute and funny.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Power Poster

Oh toooo toooo funny!!! All of them!!

When my kids were little they had their own language between them. My 3 are all a year apart so they grew up like triplets. The only word I remember tho is morether. It wasn't more of or farther than it was morether. That book was morether funny than any other. I couldn't convince them it wasn't a word. They all used it for everything!

And I remember the day my 6 yr old Nathan came home from school with the words " No Doy!!" which now is DUH!!! I had never heard No Doy!! It didn't take long for me to hate that expression!!
Old 06-24-2010, 08:13 PM

When we were living in Florida, we had both sets of parents visiting us at the same time - it was great fun. We decided to pack everyone up in our van and take a day trip to Silver Springs to the park there. We took our seats on the glass-bottom boat and got ready for the ride. My middle daughter, who was then 3-1/2 was having a great time. When the guide removed the wood cover from over the glass-bottom viewing area, Brooke exclaimed in her loudest voice, "Holy shit, look at all those fish!!" (hope I can write S*#@ here)
Old 06-24-2010, 08:19 PM
Power Poster

My kids had a thing for taking things apart. When Nathan and Glen were 2 and 3 they got Daddy's tools and took apart the motor on the rider lawn mower! They unscrewed everything they could reach! LOL I didn't realize they weren't playing outside with the dogs!!
We lived in the country and they had plenty of safe areas to play.

Glen also at 2 got under our dining table and unbolted all the underneath metal support! It was a wonder it never fell!

Another time I discovered the kids at 2 3 and 4 had discovered a hole under the wooden lid over the cystern and they had been stuffing toys in that hole. We took off the cover and the whole top of the water was covered in toys!!! We thought it was sealed off!!

Not long after that we had been watching the show Emergency on TV who were Firemen. We found the two boys using croquet mallets and hitting the hollow door on the garage we did not rent with our house and they were leaving smashed in holes on that door!! My DH marched them down to the landlord( who had a hard time keeping a straight face!) and made them apologize for ruining that door!! But they were only saving people Daddy!! They were 3 and 4!! LOL at least the landlord didn't make us pay for the door!
Old 06-24-2010, 08:41 PM

When my daughter was about 3, we had a chipmunk that lived in our yard. We pulled in the driveway one time and he ran across the grass and Meghan said "look - it's the munkinchip".