Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
When my kids were little........... >

When my kids were little...........

When my kids were little...........

Old 06-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Little man loves the movie Transformers. When we go to town he points at every diesel and says there is optimus prime. We also have a yellow car with black strips in town and he will point it out and say there is bumble bee.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

He also asked me if he gets bit by a spider if he will be like spiderman.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:55 PM

My little brother used to call freckles "frinkles".
Old 06-24-2010, 09:04 PM

Isn't life beautiful. ((((( HUGS )))))
Old 06-24-2010, 09:08 PM
Power Poster

There is nothing sweeter than a child's laughter!

My daughter Sara has fibromyalgia and fights depression at atimes. She told me today when she gets down because she hurts she goes and tickles her kids and gets them laughing and she feels better! I have called and talked to my grands when I am down in the mouth.

It is impossible to be sad when kids are giggling!!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:09 PM

My 3 year old Granddaughter cracks me up. I ask her what kind of ice cream she wants and she says "banilla". Also just lately she got these new panties and called them her "zucchini" instead of bikini. One day she said to my Daughter....Mommy you have a shower and are all clean but Daddy stinks!! You never know what will come out of her mouth. She is so funny!!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
And how many members have sons... what is it about little boys and NOT coming into the house to use the bathroom.... just whip it out no matter what :shock: Stop playing long enough to do that and back to playing... but I didn't wet myself Mommy :roll: LOL
Ah! I ran into my then 2 1/2 year old son's room once when I heard bloodcurdling screams! He was standing on the windowsill, holding himself and bouncing up and down...I, of course, asked the pertinant question, "What's wrong?" The reply I got is predictable... "I zipped my peepee!!" He had a little bruise, and I convinced him that it was what happens when you don't use the toilet like you're supposed to! Yep...he was peeing out the window!

Rotten mother that I am, I STILL laugh about that one!! :lol:

Oh...and this is the same child that asked me, "Did they have paved roads when you were a little girl Mama?"

The brat! :lol: ;) :lol:
Old 06-24-2010, 09:25 PM

When all my kids were still living at home, my daughter was learning to cook and had done a very good job of preparing supper, but had not yet gotten to sit down to eat. One of her brothers took her plate but left her silverware. When he wouldn't give her plate back she stabbed him with her fork.

A couple years ago he had a really bad cough and went to the Dr. In order to determine whether or not it was pneumonia, they took chest xrays. There was a little row of dots on his sternum. The xray technician was trying to figure out what on earth the dots were. My son, who is now in his 30s had to tell the whole story of his sister stabbing him with a fork when she was 9 yrs old because he took her plate of food. I understand he was rather embarassed!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:37 PM

When mine were 4 & 5 in an effort to teach them not quarrel I told them if I saw one of them refusing to argue with the other I would give the non quarelling one a prize. I thought this was working well intil one day from around the corner I heard one say to other, Ok yesterday you didn't fight so today it's my turn to not fight.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:42 PM
Power Poster

Talking about embarrassment! My sons were fishing at a neihbors when my daughter called me in a panic. I went to the fishing pond and found my 10 yr old son had walked behind his friend when he was getting ready to cast out the fishline and the treble hook had caught in my son's cheek of his maximus glutimus!! LOL It was funny yet not funny. He wanted to know if they would put him to sleep to get it out!! LOL It was just barely under the skin but as it was a barbed treble hook it wouldn't back out the way it went in. I took him to our doctor and he used a little numbing agent and using pliers worked it out! Glen hates this story! and he is now 32!

When my son Nathan was 2 I had a cactus plant that had died and I hadn't thrown it out. Nathan was running through the house and he tripped and the plant fell over and Nathan ended up with the section of cactus sticking in his toes, The branch lay along his toes and were imbedded in the tips of all his toes on that one foot. There was no way I could extract all those spines so I took him to our dr. The dr wanted to go home and get his camera to take a picture of it! He was laughing so hard! But his nurse made him stay and take care of it immediately!!