Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: When you are sewing

Blog Entries

When you are sewing

What music do you listen too when you are working on your projects of love?

I always try to put something on while I'm sewing. It makes it all so much more enjoyable! I have a playlist downloaded that is made up of the following artists:
    Alison Krauss and Union Station
    Red Molly
    Old Crow Medicine Show
    Wood Brothers
    Gillian Welch
    Emmy Lou Harris
    Wailin' Jennys
    Doc Watson
    Bill Monroe
    (That's all that I can think of right now, but there's more.)

I also love putting on Pandora and listening to other genres s/a classical, Nora Jones, Christmas music, Grateful Dead, Jazz...the list goes on.

~ Cindy

I stream Pandora in my sewing room. I have a station I've named "All Purpose Good Stuff" and I've tweaked it for so long it's an extremely eclectic mix of music from a pretty broad swath of genres. I look up songs I particularly like and it always seems that I only like the ONE song by that artist, so apparently I have a broad yet finicky taste in music. It's rare I buy a whole CD nowadays, I buy songs individually much more often.

My DH is a much bigger audiophile, I asked him what he would call "my type" of music. He says I mostly like "Instrumental Hip Hop", whatever that means. LOL

Power Poster
    I don't usually listen to anything but the hum of my machine. It is music to my ears.

I listen to soft rock.
    Besides my family, my pets are the most important things to me. I have had birds, a dog or cats since I was about 8 years old. The cruelest thing you can do to me is take my animals away.

Blog Entries
    I listen to instrumentals -its soothing to my ears and I can still think while im working.

contemporary christian and southern gospel

It depends on my mood. But I have to have some sort of "background" noise going while I am in there.

So it is either watching one of my programs or a dvd on the tv. Or I just plug my iPod into my Bose and listen to music.

It must be how my brain is wired.......Even while reading I need "background" noise to concentrate.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

classic rock and roll!

Classic rock and roll, Adele, I love her! Roy Orbison, the Beatles, Dixie Chicks, Stevie Nicks, Billy Joel and sometimes,,,,nothing at all but the machine.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    DirectV New Age or symphony music channels.
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

I generally have the TV on mostly for 'background noise' as well. If it's a program I want to 'see', I do my cutting/pressing while the show is active and do my actual sewing during commercials. I just never think to put on music.

The Monkees. My favorite group of all time.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

During the holidays, I listened to the old-fashioned Christmas music. Sometimes I'll listen to a pop music station. Usually, though, I prefer quiet.
    Lori

Blog Entries
    I usually listen to audio books. On the occasion I listen to music it is Elvis!

I listened to Christmas music during the holidays too! I've also been listening to some of the craftsy classes I purchased. Fun to have someone talk about quilting while I'm quilting away! Sometimes I forget to put on music, I should really try and remember to do so because then I won't get into 'worrying' about some crazy thing!
    Kristi

Blog Entries
    soft rock or talk radio. I need background noise. keeps me going.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Blog Entries
    I have a couple of classical stations that I listen too, or a big band/singers music from the 40's.

No music, just like the quiet "think" time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
    It depends on my mood. But I have to have some sort of "background" noise going while I am in there.

So it is either watching one of my programs or a dvd on the tv. Or I just plug my iPod into my Bose and listen to music.

It must be how my brain is wired.......Even while reading I need "background" noise to concentrate.
    Me too I hate silence my mind gets into to much trouble.......I rarely have music on while sewing it's usually t.v with shows I have seen, I don't have to watch I can just listen it's like old friends telling stories in the background. I recently discovered a show I can't have on while sewing, Hoarders or Hoarding burried alive, I get sucked into watching that train wreck then I stop sewing and start straightening or cleaning something out. While its good for my house it seriously cuts into my sewing time Hahah.
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

I plug my iPad into my Bose and listed to Pandora music. I have a whole list of stations, and I "Shuffle". I love my iPad and my Bose when I am sewing.

Our local radio station which is mostly soft rock or a favorite CD which are mixes of mostly classic rock & roll. My day usually begins & remains most of the day, listening to music. When DH is home, he is usually parked in front of tv (mostly sports or cop shows, he is a retired police officer) but I love my music. I have mini stereos in my dining room, my rec room & both of my sewing rooms. Can you tell I love my music ???
    Dance like no one is watching

I like to listen to the same movies, or pre-recorded tv shows. I know a lot of the scripts by now. I find it hard to listen to audio books b/c the sewing machine humming along drums out the book. I don't like using an earpiece for listening. If I listen to background music it's the Eagles, Merle Haggard, Beatles, Journey, Bob Seeger and a lot of the other more vintage performers. And, there are times I listen to nothing but the sewing machine.
    Hello from Shenandoah Valley, VA. Quilting a few years. Love the process of creating the quilt top, but don't like making the sandwich of top, batting and backing as much. We have two Labrador Retrievers, a yellow and a chocolate. Blessings to all!

Blog Entries
    I listen to I Heart Radio on my computer as I sew. I can change the "stations" to any that play music I enjoy.

I keep my radio on set to classic rocks so it is always going, along with "Betty Lou" my cockatiel talking, singing, and doing her alarm sounds... and now I have noticed she is trying to imitate the sounds of my Juki or Singer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast