Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Where do you purchase your HP printer ink? >

Where do you purchase your HP printer ink?

Where do you purchase your HP printer ink?

Old 06-09-2011, 06:25 AM

I usually get mine at Walmart since it is the only store in town that sells them.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by thrums
I went to WalMart (our only discount store in the area) to purchase a black ink cartridge for my HP 6500 printer. I almost had a heart attack when I saw the price: $20.97 for only 300 pages! Yikes!

My question to you is: Where do you purchase your printer ink online?

Thank you for your time.
A small is only $14.97 at my Walmart. When I have the money I buy the x-large color/black combo pak at Office Depot. It isn't cheap but last a long time & I get points & money credit when I take back empties so I put it towards more ink. It is getting awful expensive.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:38 AM

The last time I ordered from www.injetsuperstore.com. I paid about $7 for a color cartridge I usually have to pay about $35. It's not an HP cartridge but I've had no problem with it so far and I've had it several months. Service was fast too.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:44 AM

Office Max stores offer their generic ink at a lower price. Not a whole lot but they will take you old cartridge on trade and give some off a new generic one. Also had mine refilled at Walgreen, thought it wouldn't work cause a window kept appearing that it was not an original cartridge. My son said that the printer company was putting chips in the original cartridges that would make using refills difficult. It is an extra step in the printing but refills can be used just cancel the message out and press continue printing.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:03 AM

Ebay , seller's name is activeinkusa. It was about $6 for my HP printer with free shipping. Way less than HP, Walmart, or any ink website. I put one in last July and am still using it, and I print several sheets a day. Of course it is just Black, I don't have anything I need to print in color and I wouldn't spend the $$ on it.

I bought two, when the first one runs out I will order another, then I am never without one.

I wouldn't try refills, too much of a klutz and computer/printer are in the sewing room (eek!)
Old 06-09-2011, 07:05 AM

PS - the people who say it is cheaper to buy a new printer than a refill - you should know that the ink cartridges that are supplied with a new printer are a "starter" supply - not a full amount.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:06 AM

We get ours at Staples but my DH belongs to their rewards club (or whatever they call it) so we get a few dollars off and also turn in my empty cartridges for a rebate. Also, unless it's a report my kids have done for school I set my printer to Economy to use the least amount of ink possible. I don't know why cartridges are so expensive but I'm guessing it's because the printer companies know we all need ink and so can take advantage of us.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:16 AM

I've choked every time I've bought new cartridges. I had some refills done from a source on eBay, but they didn't last long. I just found out that Costco does refills, and when they had a sale for refilling one for $7, I jumped on it. I don't know what the regular price is, but it has to be better than anywhere else. This refill cartridge is still going strong, too.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:48 AM

Went to Ink Refill Store for our new Epson -starter ink done .
Man says "OH,no those can not be refilled. Showed us the inside of some cartriges that are now made with a chip in them so they can not be refilled which we knew was happening with a lot of printers. Some have 2 chips.
Pd blk $12. color 7 for other printer refills.
Epson ink was going to cost more than the printer and other companies ae doing the same.

Went out and bought new Brother 4way that can be refilled. Sure seems like a lot of wasted manufacturing to make money on inks.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:55 AM

I HAVE AN HP PRINTER. WAS ABLE TO GET 2 BLACK AND 2 COLORED INKS AT WALMART FOR $48.00 THIS WEEK. I THINK THAT WAS A GREAT DEAL.