Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Where do you purchase your HP printer ink? >

Where do you purchase your HP printer ink?

Where do you purchase your HP printer ink?

Old 06-09-2011, 09:08 AM

You can get cheaper ones on-line, but not always good ones. Printer mfg have learned what most mfg know, that its better to keep thier product price very low and make their money on the ink cartridges.

I have a canon, and have bought new machines to get the cartridges because it was cheeper than the two cartridges themselves.

If you can find a reliable ink dealer on the internet, thats the way to go. Unfortuantly, they're not all reliable.

Lanny
Old 06-09-2011, 09:12 AM

LOL. See the ad at bottom page for inkfarm.com 2 day sale. Looks like good pricing. Even found a Canadian site $1.95 for Canon cart.Will order some.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:16 AM

I buy on line directly from HP. I found they were cheaper, and always send a $10 coupon with the order. You do have to buy more at one time, but I like doing that. There delivery is one business day. And I have been very pleased with their service.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:31 AM

This is for the people who say HP is cheaper. Did a little comparison shopping.

For my printer , takes an HP 15 black cartridge

HP.com - $35.99 and free shipping

Carrotink.com - $12.95

123inkjet.com - $10.99

Ebay - my favorite seller - $7.50, includes shipping, although there are others cheaper.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by thrums
Originally Posted by craftybear
Sometime I buy the black and color in a combination package at Staples but still is expensive. There has to be a cheaper place.

I also went to Walgreens and they can refill them but when I did mine I had problems with it and took it back and got $$$ back. I think it was like $9.00 or so.

Craftybear
I've heard that refilled cartridges can cause problems to the printer too.
I, too, have heard this. And..... the warranty won't cover it. :( With this being said, I have had refills at Office Max w/o problems. ;)
Old 06-09-2011, 11:10 AM

I buy all office-related items from Quill.com. I get quality products, reasonable prices, and quick service.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:19 AM

Here's the longest link I've ever seen. It the HP link to the cartridge for the 6540 Printer:
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...rch_request.do;HHOJSID=yZcxNxYLyfKzxS3d7jpQGnZSxkBLhFdsv6LxFTx28 rM1mTpl7W6h!-944899565?searchType=ink_toner_cartridge&inkTonerSearchQuery=cartridge&pageName=HP%2Bink%2Band%2BHP%2Btoner_land&Printer_Search_Query=&Cartridge_Search_Query=&printerOrCartridgeSearch=cartridge&locationOfSearchQuery=&returnUrlQueryString=&searchQuery=C9362W

Cost is $14.00 per for black ink. I rarely use color. A few months ago I ordered 4 black cartridges for about $60.00. Two day shipping is free. This is a much better deal than any brick and motar store.
Over the years, I've bought the refills, reuseable cartridge, etc. and haven't been satisfied with any of them (one ruined my printer) HELPFUL HINT: In your Printer Preferences, keep it set on "draft" to conserve ink, it really helps. Good luck
Old 06-09-2011, 11:38 AM

I buy mine at Staples. Their store also takes back the empties and I receive a check periodically to put toward new cartridges.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:38 AM

I buy mine at Staples. Their store also takes back the empties and I receive a check periodically to put toward new cartridges.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Sometime I buy the black and color in a combination package at Staples but still is expensive. There has to be a cheaper place.

I also went to Walgreens and they can refill them but when I did mine I had problems with it and took it back and got $$$ back. I think it was like $9.00 or so.

Craftybear
Walgreen's don't fill the cartridge like the original HP cartridge. Besides that, the color is never right, it can leak into the printer and completely ruin your printer. I spend around $28.00 for my HP color cartridge (95). The black works but doesn't last as long. I print up quilting patterns, and it uses color and with my spending more for the HP cartridge, I get more usage from it. I don't save any money buying Walgreen's. I have had a lot of trouble with it. Not recommended from here. Edie