Where you live

Old 09-25-2011, 03:36 AM

I moved to the TN valley area years ago from Fl and wouldn't ever consider Fl as home again...too hot, too many bugs, too many rude people and I love the change of season's...
Old 09-25-2011, 04:01 AM

From Arkansas and will always be my home....now live in Alabama, weather is better and we live on 50 acres, deer, turkeys, etc. There is plus and minus of AL, but I guess we are to stay..in between to small towns, ten miles each way. 25 miles to Dothan, AL where the shops are Wally world, hobby lobby, no LQS. HATE THE GNATS here..miss the lakes for fishing and camping.. So am I happy, yes. LOL
Old 09-25-2011, 04:02 AM

Yes, I do love where I am living now. We live at the end of a very short street surrounded by woods, but we are still in the city. We live about 10 minutes from all the stores and restaurants and movies but it is very quiet here, probably because of the woods around us. We have lived in other states and other cities in Illinois, but this location is about 20 min from the high school we graduated from and where DH worked 38 years in the steel mills. It is 'home' to us and all our children live within 30 minutes. We have solid roots here and would never live anywhere again. Both my parents were born in St.Louis and it is 15-20 min from our house if we want the big city.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:21 AM

Always lived in Oh. love it. Have lived in present home over 30yrs when I married my 2 husband. Our kids have moved to Ky. 2 hrs away because of jobs. I would love to be closer to them & G-kids. I know I don't like cold weather & I don't want to give up my sewing room.
Once in a while I think what it would be like to live someplace warm all yr around. We have alot of beautiful places to choose from. Never know after we retire were we will be. Looking forward to next chapter.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:04 AM

[quote=genafan201]
Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
I moved to MN from FL to retire and take care of my grandkids. I hate the weather, but the medical care here is so much better than the care in FL. I would rather that we all move to upstate/western NY nearer the rest of the family that we grew up with.
OOOhhh, another FL to MN here (via a few other places). Hubby's from SD...met him in FL, moved back to SD with him, then down to AR a bit, back to SD, and for the past 20 years here...Like you, I can't stand the weather, but I have a great job, good friends here, so as long as I stay indoors, life is good.

Born and bred or is it bred and born in St. Paul. Love it here. Love the weather so long as it doesn't snow!!!! And then if it does, the streets and sidewalks are cleaned off, then it is really a pretty city! If I couldn't live here, I would live in the Amana Colonies in Iowa. Rellies down there! Edie
Old 09-25-2011, 06:11 AM

Love my home in Macon, GA and my hometown, Perry, GA but my heart is in the North GA mountains.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:13 AM

Met my husband at Purdue in West Lafayette, In. Both of us were from different parts of the state, but we moved to the area where his grandparents lived in northeast In. in farm and lake country about 50 miles north of Ft. Wayne. He had such great memories of being here growing up. That was 40 yrs ago and now we live in the country in the woods in a log house that my husband and his father built in the 80's. Both of us are retired and we love being home. I live in the county with Shipshewana for those of you who know the fabric stores there. :)
Old 09-25-2011, 06:17 AM

I live in south florida... have been in florida most of my life... south florida approx. 18 years. I love the humidity and the ocean! But, the best place to live is anywhere near my son and daughter-in-law.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Dodee
Do you love where you are living now?
If you moved there, what was the attraction?

What would be your favorite place to live if you had a choice?
Dodee
I can't say I love where I live but it has grown on me.
I love that there isn't much traffic, I consider 15 cars on the freeway traffic and we only have 5 stop lights in our town. The 5th was just installed this past summer.

My DH and I were stationed here because of the Navy when my son was first born almost 15 years ago. My all time favorite place to live would be Hawaii, but I'd settle for San Diego. I want to live closer to the coast. My DH loves to fish and I just enjoy the fresh air.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:29 AM

We moved from Massachusetts to Maine and it's been the best move we've ever made. I was a country girl stuck in a large city because of birth and hated every day of it. Now I can watch the sunrise over the pond, the deer in the yard as well as turkey's with their babies and I can actually breath the air without coughing.