Where are you from?

Old 08-07-2011, 09:48 AM

Born in Reno,NV, lived in Carson City, NV. My Dad's work moved us to a mining town in northern CA (can't remember name of town, doesn't matter as it is no longer there), then to Delta, UT. Parent's divorced, mother, sister and I went back to Carson City. Dad remarried, got my sister and me back, and moved to Salt Lake City, UT, then Bountiful, UT, next Anaconda, MT, then Inspiration Point, AZ, Globe, AZ. Dad got out of the mining business, and we moved to Show Low, AZ. Graduated from high school (Snowflake,AZ) and moved to Phoenix, then I went to Prescott,AZ. Got married, moved to the Los Angeles area and for the next 12 yrs, lived between there and the San Francisco area. Got divorced, remarried, he wanted to move back here because his folks were having medical problems, so I have now lived in FT.Wayne, IN for the last 40 yrs.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:03 AM

I was born in Mo., lived here most of my life except for short stints in El Paso, Tx and Brawley Calif. Have lived different places in Mo., but have been in Central Mo. close to a town called Boonville, Mo. for the last fifty plus years. Haven't seen a lot of people from Mo. on here, where are you Missourians? We have traveled over a lot of US, the favorite being the western part and have talked about moving to the southwest where it is warmer, but getting to old now, need to be where we can get help from the kids if needed. Presently live in the country on about 14 acres and thinking of moving into Boonville, as it is getting more than hubby and I can take care of. Presently live underground and know we won't live anywhere as economically as we do now, so hate to leave, but know the time is coming. So if anyone wants a small acreage with a 3200 foot underground home, let me know, maybe we can work out a sale of somekind. Meanwhile it is great to learn where everyone is from and living. Wish I could take a tour of the country and visit with each of you and get acquainted. Think it would be so much fun. Happy quilting to everyone. themachinelady
Old 08-07-2011, 10:35 AM

Born in Erie, PA. Moved to Boston, MA after college and fell in love with the area. Have since lived in Alexandria and Arlington, VA (worked in DC), Coral Gables, FL (southern part of the state) and now in Central Florida (near some large theme parks).
Old 08-07-2011, 10:42 AM

I was born in Hibbing, Minnesota. Have lived in the Denver, CO area, Dallas, So California and now in Houston since one of our sons is here. Home is where your loved ones are.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:53 AM

Born 1928 in Saginaw, Mi. DH changed jobs in 1970 and we moved to Glenwood, Il which is 30 miles S. of Chicgo. For the past 20 years we have spent May thru Sep. on Drummond Island, Mi (top of Lake Huron). Due to DH illness (Alzh), we have stayed in Glenwood this summer enjoying all this heat. Have 3 sons--Cincinnati, St. Louis and in our town. A great "Board"
Old 08-07-2011, 10:59 AM

Born and raised in OK. Have lived in Missori, Kansas, Oregon, California, Hawaii and Alaska. Hawaii for a year and Alaska for a little over 20 yrs. Back in OK for about 10 yrs. now. Came back to care for my parents. Dad is gone now but Mom is doing fine in a nurseing home and she is 90 yrs young now. Several of my kids moved to OK to be near me so don't guess I will leave here again.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:09 AM

I was born and lived in Michigan until 1992. My DH & I packup all our stuff and the 2 kids still at home and moved to Eagle River, Alaska. In 2006 we decided to go back to Michigan to be closer to family (grandkids especially) Lived a short time in Windsor, MO and ended up in Grand Junction, CO. We've been here 2 years now. My MIL is from Dexter,MO. small world Dexter is so little
Old 08-07-2011, 11:18 AM

About 8 miles south down the road! In my nearly 50 years this only the 3rd house I have ever lived in! Biggest problem is that it sure is easy to put stuff in the attic and forget about it (means I have LOTS of stuff up there!)
Answer: West central Illinois
Love the changing seasons 'cepting this really hot stuff we are having right now!
kathyd
Old 08-07-2011, 11:22 AM

I grew up in Howard, SD. In '86 I moved to Newport Beach, CA and in 1993 I moved a few miles south to Dana Point, CA. Moved to Boquete, Panama in 2004, moved to Kerobokan, Bali, Indonesia in 2006 and ended up back in South Dakota in 2008. I have a home in Sioux Falls, SD but will be moving to either Tucson or Scottsdale, AZ - not sure of the date.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:26 AM

I was born in Jackson, MS. My Dad was working there at the time. My parents were both born and reared in New Orleans.
We left Jackson when I was two years old and I have been here ever since. I live just outside of New Orleans in the suburbs.