Where are you from?

Old 08-06-2011, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Joanne
I'm from Mass,born here, lived for a time in Fla. Love them both. My sister just called and wants me to figure out if it is better for her to live in New Hampshire, Rhode Island or Mass!! She is now in Conn and lost her job. She has to sell and move, but where should she go? Calls for some thinking to consider everything. What do you all think?
Mass. She got a great sister there. I think my sister should move to GA.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:43 PM

I was born in Torrance, California. Lived in San Pedro until age 11 then moved to Mission Viejo. Married my DH and have lived several places since. Mostly in California! I am now 100 miles north of Mission Viejo.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:43 PM

Born and raised in a tiny farming community in Tasmania, Australia. Moved 15 miles into town and married and have lived here all my life. Have just bought (as an investment) my retirement unit close to the shopping centre and have around 10 years to downsize my fabric stash so it will fit into the unit :) that is if I stop buying fabric NOW!

Or else there will be no room for DH :) :)
Old 08-06-2011, 01:51 PM

We live on a farm about two hours northwest of Toronto in Southern Ontario. I have spent all of my life in Dufferin County and will probably always live here. My children are now 5th generation on this land and don't want to farm because there is no money in farming. It is at the highest point in Southern Ontario above sea level and you can see for miles. It's beautiful rolling treed countryside.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:52 PM

Was born in Michigan and will probably die here!
Old 08-06-2011, 02:31 PM

Always lived in Indiana. Always worked in Ohio.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:42 PM
mim

It sounds lovely --

Originally Posted by Shelbie
We live on a farm about two hours northwest of Toronto in Southern Ontario. I have spent all of my life in Dufferin County and will probably always live here. My children are now 5th generation on this land and don't want to farm because there is no money in farming. It is at the highest point in Southern Ontario above sea level and you can see for miles. It's beautiful rolling treed countryside.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:45 PM

I live in West Ga., Carrollton, GA., and just moved here last February. Born, raised and educated in City of Atlanta, Ga., back when the schools were 1st class and the living was safe and easy. We lived in the City of Atlanta and never locked doors and in the summer time we slept with doors open, only screens latched ! Too, my friends and I would walk several blocks away AT NIGHT to the local Miss Georgia Dairy (now that is a long time ago !). I went to elementary school, high school and Ga State University in downtown Atlanta ! Over the years I have all my children at the formerly known as Ga Baptist Hospital. Moved to Clayton County and then later to Fayette County to insure my children the best public education I could find.

I live as far away from Atlanta now as I ever have; BUT, I did spend today in the city having lunch at a landmark restaurant (Mary Mac's) and spent the rest of the day shopping.

I love the slower pace of life here in Carrollton, the absence of the traffic and the friendliness of strangers here.
We are not immune to crime here in Carrollton, but I have a general sense of overall safety.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:56 PM

I was born in Michigan and have lived here all except a time when I was two, until I was nine, we lived in Ohio. I've lived in the same house for 30 years. Now we would like to sell and go into a one level. Too much house and property to take care of. We'll stay in this area if we ever do leave this house.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:24 PM

Live 2 miles from where I grew up- NE PA. I would leave in a blink of an eye to VA. I do not like cold and snow and it can't be hot enough for me. Hubby loves it here, but then he was a city boy.