Where are you from?

Old 08-06-2011, 03:50 PM

I was born and raised in a St.Louis suburb, Granite City, Illinois. The muddy Mississippi is home to me. Have lived in Alexandra, VA and then clear across the country in Idaho Falls Idaho. I was so glad to come home after 8 years away, I absolutely love this area. Have been in all 50 states and many countries but home is best for me. I know exactly where Dexter, MO is and have been there. Used to work with a gal from there also. Remember chiggers ?
Old 08-06-2011, 04:45 PM

I was born and raised in Berlin, Germany. Married my hubby and we moved to Fulda, Germany for two years, then on to Giessen, Germay. Next stop was Incirlik Air Base in Turkey.
After two years we moved to Anniston, AL, then Wichita Falls, TX. Then Beale AFB, CA, we stayed there for five years (longest stop ever). Next move was to Dallas, TX. After 15 months there we moved to Cheyenne, WY. We stayed only 9 months in WY when we got orders to Misawa Air Base, Japan. Next stop??? who knows, we will know that next year around August.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:51 PM

Born and lived my whole life on the beautiful south shore of Suffolk County, Long Island, New York.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:02 PM

Well, I will have trouble remembering them all. I will just list states. Born in Iowa, next KY, Tenn. and back to KY, a few months in Wiscon sin, then 11 years in So. CA, Married to arestless sort, 18 years and 2 years the longest in one place, No CA, Utah,(Monument Valley) back to No, CA Then AZ, divorced in 76, moved from Show Low, AZ to Phoenix, 4 years there, then back to So. CA to be near family 14 years, 8 months working as a mental health nurse in the LA Calif. mens central jail. next north to 4 years in a jail near San Jose, daughter and I left there to move to New Mexico, and 9 years ago I moved here to Rock Springs. AY, and I don't p;an to leave!
Old 08-06-2011, 06:05 PM

Born in Oklahoma, raised in California, got married lived in Texas for 10 years, been back in Oklahoma since 1988. Back from where I started....
Old 08-06-2011, 06:09 PM

I am from the Philippines and have lived in the US for 45 some years. We lived in the Bay Area for many years and decided to move to Vancouver, Washington. I worked for the Clark County Health Dept for 19 years and recently just retired. I love staying home with my husband who is also retired. I have a detached shop at the back of our house where I do my quilting. He is going to make an addition to the shop to accomodate the long arm machine he got me as a gift for retirement. I am so blessed and I thank God for everything I have.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingJaguar
Hi Pocono I was born and raised in Scranton.
My dd lives in Scranton...She is from Staten Island, NY, as I am...I am now in Central Virginia for the past 9 years...
Old 08-06-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
AZTeri wrote - "One thing I miss is not having a homestead to return to. I have family still in Cleveland, and I still consider that home, but it's not the same as those of you who have homes that have been in the family for generations."

We also feel that way about the house that was orginally owned by my material grandparents back in Brooklyn, in a few years it will have been in the family for 100 years. After my grandparents died ownship passed to their son, my Uncle Tony, and now it belongs to one of his daughters and her DH. We were all upset when our his daughter, my cousin, said that they may be selling the 'family homestead' as her DH has retired and wants to move out of state.
May, Now that they are talking about raising the bridge tolls again, you may not be so interested in going back to B'lyn so often! $12 for the Outerbridge and $12 for the Verrazano?? Can you afford to go home again?? Crazy stuff...
Old 08-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Power Poster

Grew up in Caddo Mills, Tx.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:39 PM

I grew up in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. We moved to Key West when first married, then out to Louisiana for 4 years, back to southeast Florida for the last 38 years and now are fortunate to live part of the year in the mountains of North Carolina. The hardest part of living in two places is transporting my quilting!!