Who likes to garden

Old 04-08-2011, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
I love it, but due to my fibromyalgia I have to limit some of my activities. I have 1 raised garden and have requested another for Mothers Day.
Containers also help. I had green bean plants in with my flowers.
Aren't raised beds a dream; I have had 2 of them for 13 years; I can pack alot of plants in them.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:52 AM

We tried it for a couple of years, but found that the only thing we can grow are weeds. We have the healthiest weeds in the county.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Baysidegal
I started Square Foot Gardening in raised boxes a few years ago. I just love it. The soil stays so nice because no one walks all over it. I can't live without fresh tomatoes, herbs, eggplant, cukes, and squash in my garden. This year I am experimenting with some Burpee seeds for smaller, compact container veggies like dwarf cukes, zuchinni,etc. I will grow them on my deck in pots, but I will also grow full size ones in the boxes just in case.
What is a square foot garden?
Old 04-08-2011, 06:07 AM

Love my raised beds. Have 3 - 4x8' each - lots of veggies for the table and sharing with neighbors. I could live outside playing in the dirt!
Old 04-08-2011, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
Originally Posted by Baysidegal
I started Square Foot Gardening in raised boxes a few years ago. I just love it. The soil stays so nice because no one walks all over it. I can't live without fresh tomatoes, herbs, eggplant, cukes, and squash in my garden. This year I am experimenting with some Burpee seeds for smaller, compact container veggies like dwarf cukes, zuchinni,etc. I will grow them on my deck in pots, but I will also grow full size ones in the boxes just in case.
What is a square foot garden?

Square Foot Gardening is just planting one crop in a 1 square foot or more depending on the veggie.

http://www.squarefootgardening.com/
Old 04-08-2011, 06:10 AM

I do! Would like to have a big garden but where I would put it has a lot of water standing at times. So I will have to have a smaller one but it will be fun. Love planting and watching things grow.

Have a good day!

Jen:)
Old 04-08-2011, 06:11 AM

I also love to garden.I always said I get more out of my garden then food.hope you all have a good year.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:13 AM

I am doing a tire garden. Down the road from us is a tire shop, so were lucky. Got ourselves 8 truck tires and DH cut out the inside lip.
We had tried last year, building a green house, but, here in the Arizona mountains we get lots of windy days and it eventually blew through our plastic. We also have a short growing season.
Mice also got my crops.
This year, I am planting 2 varieties of romaine lettuce, Swiss chard, 2 varieties of cucumber (1 is a japenese ) 2 varieties of plum tomato, several types of radish, squash, green peppers.
I've started some of the above mentioned indoors. DH built me little green houses.
Hoping I have better luck this year, as costs of fruit and veggies are rising. We also are dehydrating some
Attached Thumbnails attachment-181215.jpe   attachment-181216.jpe  
Old 04-08-2011, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

I have had big gardens in some of the smallest places. Vine veggies grow upright very well, including cukes and zuchinni.
There is nothing like fresh grown veggies :D:D:D
Old 04-08-2011, 09:03 AM

I grew up on home grown veggies and I helped mom can and freeze....I have had a small garden for the past 4 yrs...
love tomatoes and corn