Who made this cabinet?

Old 12-16-2010, 06:17 PM

Location: Massachusetts / Vermont === Now in ==Green River Utah = Owner of GreenRiverKOA Campground

Originally Posted by Grammazona13
This is an all wood sewing cabinet I've had for maybe 25 years. I'm wondering if anyone knows who made it or if I want to sell it what it's worth
Wow that is strange, I have the same Athena 2000 , I bought it in 1975 , one yr after my son was born, I got so sick then I could not do anything, when I was able to sew again I took the machine out and found out it just would not sew , the threads would bind up and the bobbin would jiggle and bounce, so again I put it away, then I moved most of that was in storage , later I took it up to singer and they said it was ok then, I went home later in that month I tried it again , well same thing, and again I put it away.. well its a long story don't want to bend your ears I only used it for that time and it was 3 times, I did just bring it out to have it fixed it only cost me $ 50.00 to fix the man who fixed it said its in great perfect condition ..and that was after I bought the Bernina Aurora 440 QE.. I am very happy with the Bernina, so I do want to sell the Athena 2000 I have all the parts .. if anyone wants it..

KandiKane
Old 12-16-2010, 06:21 PM

Location: Massachusetts / Vermont === Now in ==Green River Utah = Owner of GreenRiverKOA Campground

Oh I forgot to say that when it was fixed it was a very small plastic piece in the bobbin area that was replaced and it works great..

KandiKane
Old 12-18-2010, 05:17 PM

Hi Ya'll! I haven't been on line for a few days so I was trying to take a quick look at all the pictures 'cause I'm soo far behind. Well I'm clicking & ooing & awing as fast as I can. Well I clicked here & saw my cabinet!!! I haven't read all the posts here but I thought I'd chime in & tell you what little I know about it. I bought it at a consignment store 8 or 9 years ago for $50.00. I felt like I took 'em for a cleaning & still do today! Its wonderful!